ANY nice bolt on exhaust?

-

megacab

Leglhi
Reaction score
Just got the ok to get an exhaust from the warden (lol) and went down to the local muff guy.I had two 3 inch dynomax bullets,and a 3inch x pipe.Told him i wanted dual 3 inch ran out to the back.With my supplied parts he said $600.00-650.00.Holy @*!$ !That just seems like way too much,considering he also wants to buy any elbows,45's ect through Summit or Jegs.I read an article i think a while back in Mopar Muscle where they bought a complete bolt on TTi setup for 600.00.Anybody familar with tha setup?It's going on a street/strip 416 and im trying to quiet it down for the nieghbors.I want full mandrel,and for that money figured maybe i can get a good one i can install.Thanks

$600-650 is not a bad deal if you are getting a Mandrel Bent Stainless Exhaust System.....

I don't know where to get one of those except a private garage with all the components already sourced and acquired....just mock up and TIG weld.

Thanks Prine.That exhaust for 600 was aluminized.I went online and looked around.TTi wants about 650 for theirs with Dynomax Super Turbo's.Those seem a little too restrictive,but thats what all theirs come with.For about a 100 less you can get w/o mufflers.But they make it sound like it may be hard to find a different muffler that will fit because of width,length,outlet location ect.If not for that i would do theirs with the x-pipe kit.Found a shop in Canada that sells mandrel kits for 500 also,but dont know anything about them.

Finding a shop that has a mandrel machine and will do it cheap is tough to find. The equipment is pretty expensive.

There is a pypes kit and the summit/jegs kits. The summit kit is OK if you have the headers they are designed to work with. If you have some other headers, in my case Dougs/TTi, it can be a real PIA

One of my friends had a system put on his car by a local shop. 2.5", H pipe, out the back, non mandrel, he supplied mufflers for $250.

Yeah i guess that true.The machines are expensive.Went to the Sema show in 06 and saw demo's on mandrel machines.Pricey.I was just suprised because years back i had a full 3 inch dual exhaust with flowmasters ran on a built big block Ramcharger for alot less.That was running up and over the springs and dumped behind the tires too.But that was a while back.I also thought about Summit,but im also running 1 7/8 TTi's and im sure the TTi exhaust would bolt straight up, where the Summit/Jegs kit would need tweaking like you said.

I Found a shop in Canada that sells mandrel kits for 500 also,but dont know anything about them.

Mind sharing the name of this company in Canada? With me living in Canada, I d like to save the huge shipping cost of a system from the states.

Thanks!

super turbos are not restrictive at all. there are tests out there showing flowmasters to be more restrictive. why not just buy a summit or jegs mandrel bent system? i would buy one but i like to build my own. i put one on a nova and it fit great. nice thick pipe too.

go with the tti's. they are sweet sounding and fit really well. like i always say if you got to pay the piper then only pay once! tti's are alittle pricey but they are also well made.also go with the x pipe setup as it will help scavage out some extra exhaust and mellow the sound down just a tad.....just my 2 cents!

yea i went with the tti headers x pipe and a set of spintech pro street mufflers. i thought it would be a tight fit, but they fit like a glove right behind the rear floor pans .. ill snap some pics off if youd like... let me know

TTI does have other mufflers that they offer to fit with their exhaust systems.
They have the Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers listed.

Dynomax Ultra Flo Mufflers

Available and modified by TTI for compatibility with TTI Exhaust Systems

• 100% welded for maximum durability
• Aluminized material for longer life
• Straight-through design for maximum flow
• Produces more horsepower than most chambered mufflers on the market
• Delivers an aggressive, powerful, deep performance sound
• 4-1/2” X 9-3/4” canister size

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

background2.jpg

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

Body Style

Inlet/Outlet

Size

Part #

Overall Length

Price

A/B/C/E

2.5”

DYN17219

19”

$97 /ea.

A/B/C/E

3.0”

DYN17221

19”

$110 /ea.

qwdspacer.gif

Ultra Flo Mufflers are modified by TTI for compatibility with TTI Exhaust Systems.

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

qwdspacer.gif

Yeah i guess that true.The machines are expensive.Went to the Sema show in 06 and saw demo's on mandrel machines.Pricey.I was just suprised because years back i had a full 3 inch dual exhaust with flowmasters ran on a built big block Ramcharger for alot less.That was running up and over the springs and dumped behind the tires too.But that was a while back.I also thought about Summit,but im also running 1 7/8 TTi's and im sure the TTi exhaust would bolt straight up, where the Summit/Jegs kit would need tweaking like you said.

I bought a set from Canada ,somewhere like Maple Ridge I think it was, and they needed a lot of tweaking plus the mufflers had to be side outlet. I bought Summits 3" set up and had my muffler guy install it to the tune of a little less than $200.00. They were designed for use with Hooker headers but he said it was no problem to install them to my TTI chassis headers. One thing though , their turbo mufflers are loud.

I bought a manifold-back system for my Dart with 68-70 340 manifolds from TTI. The driver's side head pipe smashed up against the transmission, and they wouldn't do anything about it. They claimed that there is no way a part could have left their shop wrong, and somehow I changed the relationship of the manifold to the transmission. I'd love to know how I pulled off that magic trick. I must have turned the head a few degrees before I bolted it down. I could tell what was wrong. They welded the manifold flange on in the wrong position. It was the only part I called about. Like I said, they didn't want to do anything about it.

I will not buy from TTI again. That's a ton of money to pay for something that doesn't work, from a company that doesn't care.

I had a TTI header on my neon...it was a one of the best Header for the price and was available. It was just a nickle plated header, but after about a year of driving it became all rusty and pitted.

Im sure if you piece out the x pipe and 3" exaust kit from jegs or summit it will be cheaper than what you were quoted....

Thanks everyone.All the input was awesome.I actually went ahead and purchased a tti 3 inch x pipe system with no mufflers last week.I have ultraflo round mufflers which i hope i can get to fit.I dont have a gas tank or a trunk donut anymore,so im hoping i can just move the rear hanger over and it will work.If not i'll do what Qwkmopr suggested and order the custom ultraflo's.It did end up being a little pricey,but like 7demon2 said,im hoping this will be the last one i buy.

yea i went with the tti headers x pipe and a set of spintech pro street mufflers. i thought it would be a tight fit, but they fit like a glove right behind the rear floor pans .. ill snap some pics off if youd like... let me know

hey!

could we see some pics of that? i'm looking at the 2.5" x pypes system with spintech pro street mufflers. The only thing i am worried about is the offset on the mufflers. So pics and sound clips would be awesome!

thanks,

Steve

Thanks everyone.All the input was awesome.I actually went ahead and purchased a tti 3 inch x pipe system with no mufflers last week.I have ultraflo round mufflers which i hope i can get to fit.I dont have a gas tank or a trunk donut anymore,so im hoping i can just move the rear hanger over and it will work.If not i'll do what Qwkmopr suggested and order the custom ultraflo's.It did end up being a little pricey,but like 7demon2 said,im hoping this will be the last one i buy.

How do you expect to drive the car without a gas tank? :-D Now onto the question I had, does anyone know how TTI "modifys" the Ultraflos? They look like they are only a half inch longer then the Super Turbos so I assume for that extra money ($97 sold by TTI, 72 sold by Summit for 2.5") they cut off a quarter inch off each side of the ends of the muffler.

-
Back