Any oddball 340 cars out there? (sedans, etc)

-
Check this out!
Along with the then know '71 Swinger 340 Specials from 2 Western Canadian Dealerships (no mention of '72's, which hadn't been brought to light yet) –according to this Mopar Muscle article about the 'scarcest' Mopars – there were a few '71 or '72 340 Duster Twisters that were made - I'm on the possible tail of one here in Southern Alberta. Cliff

Let us know how the twister thing works out. I haven't seen one of those yet. A friend of mine from Stettler says he owned a 71 or 72 340 dart back in the day. I am trying to get pictures or VIN info.

................Hey Cliff...........would a 72 twister 340 4 gear be worth anymore than a regular 340 4 gear duster.......twister was just a stripe option was it not, with twin scoops...................kim...........

Hey Kim, yes, a Twister was only a stripe package with scoops but because a 340 version isn't supposed to exist, it becomes a lot more valuable. I work with a number of high end restoration companies here in Alberta, and when I talked to them about my '72 Swinger 340 Special (Crosstown car) and the value, they say start by adding 20% to what a comparable '70 Swinger 340 car would be. Now, if it was an American car, eg. Mr. Norm's car, it would be worth more - dang. Also, because we know there was a definitive number of '71 and '72 Swinger 340 Specials built, they're worth a slight premium above what a '70 340 Swinger would be, but it you came across a 340 Twister, who knows what something like that would/could be worth, there may only be a few ever built, think: 1 of 3... pretty rare indeed. Thx. Cliff

As you guys probably know, the twister package was designed (according to the old advertisements) to have the look of the performance model, but with a smaller engine. Demon's had the sizzler package which was the same idea. I think insurance costs were the issue. The cars with the performance engines were supposedly more expensive to insure.

Never say never with things like these. I remember discussing with a guy back years ago in Regina about the 71 340 swingers. I said no such thing, but he knew of a few of them. He was older than me by about 10 years, so probably saw them cruising around back in the day. This was long before the internet and all we had was the car mags for reference material.

So track down the 340 Twister that would be cool if it exists!

-
Back