any one running a blower?

-
just seeing who is runing an old skool style 671 needing to pick some ones brain, tnx

<<<<<<<<<

There are several members running one. What do you need to know?

One bit of advise though, don't just take one persons opinion on them. Ask around and talk to as many people as you can, there is a lot of info and ideas that may work for some but not others. And don't assume the the supplies you get from the blower companies are correct, BDS gave me a junk intake and it took a while for me to figure it out and then I had to fight with them to replace it, also some of the hardware had to be replaced before I could start it.

<<<<<<<<<

There are several members running one. What do you need to know?

One bit of advise though, don't just take one persons opinion on them. Ask around and talk to as many people as you can, there is a lot of info and ideas that may work for some but not others. And don't assume the the supplies you get from the blower companies are correct, BDS gave me a junk intake and it took a while for me to figure it out and then I had to fight with them to replace it, also some of the hardware had to be replaced before I could start it.

for the price of there smallblock manifolds they should realy back there product up to the max when you complained they should have sent a guy to you to have a look at it,with that crazy pricing...

I can't see how the blower would be causing any surging, more than likely it's the carbs or possibly distributor, what size cam are you running?

for the price of there smallblock manifolds they should realy back there product up to the max when you complained they should have sent a guy to you to have a look at it,with that crazy pricing...

You would think, but their customer service is not what you would call "service".

I sent the intake back and then they sent me one for a 273, I sent it back and then they turn around and send me back the first one that was screwed up. Then after several worthless phone calls I finally got someone that would listen instead of insisting that their parts were perfect so I sent him a photo and told him I am sending it back so please mock it up on an engine then call me back. About a week later I get a call from them and they did mock it up but they tried to give me some lame excuse why it wouldn't fit and they were sending a new one.

I had a problem with a surge at idle, up and down real bad, had to lower the fuel pressure and it smoothed right out, just a thought.

I had a problem with a surge at idle, up and down real bad, had to lower the fuel pressure and it smoothed right out, just a thought.

That could be depending on what type of pump you have. I'm running a BG 220 and I only run 5 pounds of pressure, runs great with no issues.

thanks guys ill do a little more playing around with that im at 6 psi right now.running a mallory unlite,and msd any thoughts on what a good coil might be? running a blaster 2 right now. in between the surges its huffin black not real bad but enough to see a sign of richness. blown fish tnx for the info!

fuel press is at 5 psi, dont seem as bad today? was running 118 octane dropped to 110 think that may have something to do with it?

To me it just sounds like you have a rich condition at idle,5 psi should be good , I dont know what you have done with your carbs. I would start with the basics of checking float levels, running all the idle mixture screws all the way in and set them the same , you will have to play with them but you may have to set them all as low as 1/2 turn out.
Make sure that if you turn the screws in while running it effects the idle, should start to die as you crank them in. Leaking power valve from a backfire if you have them would cause rich condition .
One or both of the carbs idle set too high uncovering and pulling fuel from another circuit in the carb.
Double check timing roots love lots of timing check out bds tech info:

http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/faq.php

-
Back