Any one seen a Turbo Manifold like this one???

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
$%28KGrHqF,%21hcFC96Y%28M%29kBRCceRP9bg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

I just don't get how it could work......if you put a carb on top the boost would blow fuel up thru the carb and onto you eng.........

That's a draw through turbo setup. It has flapper valves in it and creates a vacuum under the carb like a standard intake. Fuel actually goes through the turbo inlet.

That's a draw through turbo setup. It has flapper valves in it and creates a vacuum under the carb like a standard intake. Fuel actually goes through the turbo inlet.

I have seen a setup like that on a 1980 Turbo Trans Am.....and that is
exactly right....draw-through....and not blow through.

Wow!
I just can't see how you can create boost under the manifold and cause a vac for the carb.:wack:

you can't have much boost!????

Wow!
I just can't see how you can create boost under the manifold and cause a vac for the carb.:wack:

you can't have much boost!????

SIMPLE. See the holes? It's two compartments, with a flapper valve which closes up against the upper carb section as the turbo spools up. Flow is through carb into the upper section, out to turbo (front tube), back from turbo, into the lower section (rear tube). They become two separate compartments after the flapper closes.

The one I have is an old Accel/ "Roto master" (Turbo sonic) unit which works the same way. They originally had a special passenger side exhaust manifold onto which the turbo bolted

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Zagato400.jpg

Zagato399.jpg

SIMPLE. See the holes? It's two compartments, with a flapper valve which closes up against the upper carb section as the turbo spools up. Flow is through carb into the upper section, out to turbo (front tube), back from turbo, into the lower section (rear tube). They become two separate compartments after the flapper closes.

Ahh Thank you Now that makes more sence and why fuel runs through the turbo inlet of the turbo.

Would be nice to not have to build a blow through carb.

Blow thru carb is the way to go unless you go efi. No offense that just doesn't look like it would work well to me IMO

Sent from my iPhone in the shop

Now that is a whole new look on duel plane manifold.

I guess that thing on the Ford intake works on all square bore intakes?

-
Back