Any peeps on here attending the Rock N race at Dragway 42 this weekend?

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Buddy says it’s a good time, leave Thursday morning. Give me a chance to race there before the Mopar event first weekend in August.
Hope to maybe meet some members down there

I’ll be there the week after Lord willing for the Ace race. You are going to like this track. About the only bad mark I could give the track is it’s all port a johns bathrooms. It doesn’t affect me as I’m in a motorhome. 30 amp and 50 amp is available at a price on many sites now. Watching from the hill is fantastic. Food and drinks are available out of a small trailer on the hill and is priced fairly and honestly better than Norwalks food now that has gone downhill 2-3 years ago. Odd number lanes left lane even numbered lanes right lane. Ice has been available to buy everytime I’ve been there.

Check them out on Facebook. I wish they had the wings every week but they don’t. They were pretty good too.

IMG_3517.jpeg

I’ll be there the week after Lord willing for the Ace race. You are going to like this track. About the only bad mark I could give the track is it’s all port a johns bathrooms. It doesn’t affect me as I’m in a motorhome. 30 amp and 50 amp is available at a price on many sites now. Watching from the hill is fantastic. Food and drinks are available out of a small trailer on the hill and is priced fairly and honestly better than Norwalks food now that has gone downhill 2-3 years ago. Odd number lanes left lane even numbered lanes right lane. Ice has been available to buy everytime I’ve been there.

I have a motel room in Ashland, about 15 minutes away so hopefully the potties don’t affect me too much.
Just hoping this hurricane gets through these parts before I load up and head out Thursday morning. Weekend looks good, pretty hot, but no rain

Got down to 8 cars tonight and kicked it red in the gambler race
Air got over 4000DA today, no new records set, but did run 128+ in the 1/4 in the heat with a terrible 1.49 60 foot. Should run real close to 130 or better in good air with fresh hoofs. Best all day was 1.48. Car on the scales here was a svelt 3310, 20 less than at 131 first time out, had several guys tell me the scales here are a bit light. Sidewalls most definately are shot on the tires. Trying to limp through this last event before in put a new set on before next outing( back here at Dragway 42 for the Mopar event) first of the month coming up.

Are you taking about the colored sugary marshmallow treats for Easter "peeps"

Got down to 8 cars tonight and kicked it red in the gambler race
Air got over 4000DA today, no new records set, but did run 128+ in the 1/4 in the heat with a terrible 1.49 60 foot. Should run real close to 130 or better in good air with fresh hoofs. Best all day was 1.48. Car on the scales here was a svelt 3310, 20 less than at 131 first time out, had several guys tell me the scales here are a bit light. Sidewalls most definately are shot on the tires. Trying to limp through this last event before in put a new set on before next outing( back here at Dragway 42 for the Mopar event) first of the month coming up.
How many passes do you normally get out of your slicks? If on leafs or caltracs you're probably hitting the tire hard. Things like tubes and a heavily screwed rim will help life. You might even gain from increasing tire pressure so, video would help. Either way, sounds like it was a good time, congrats!

-
Back