Any project goals for the weekend?

-
No projects for me this weekend; I'm on my way to UT for a week. After I get back I have to R2 my injector pump on my '99 Ram 2500. I'm sure glad I didn't drive it and it fail while I'm there.

Installed our aftermarket steering column yesterday, today going to pull it back out to weld the coupler on the shaft. Do some sanding on the dash to get it ready to paint. Drink beer and eat BBQ salmon this afternoon.

Well, about a month ago I was in my storage trailer and decided to pull the valve covers off a 440 I had built for my exwife's 78 Magnum. I pulled it out with less than 10,000 miles on it in the early 90's and it's been sitting. After pulling the covers I was quite upset to find rust all over the place WTF??????

Needless to say, it was at the very front of this 24' trailer that is full of car parts and furniture. Yesterday I managed to get it pulled up to the door, grabbed it with a cherry picker and out it came. Mind up I live in the foothills and everything is dirt. I had a bit of stuff packed around the trailer and it wasn't accessable accept by my little jeep. So I had to hook on the cherry picker with a chain and drag all in the dirt. Tore up some tree roots but I won!
Today I pulled the heads, Bores are OK, cam is questionable. I think it has a broken valve spring too. Kind of relieved the bores are good!

Had all kinda plans but it's been rainy all weekend here in SoCal - you'll know if you tried to watch any of the WinterNationals coverage on TV. About all I got accomplished was building my welding cart for my 'new' $25 mig welder. Didn't want to push the Dart or my motorcycle out of the garage into the rain so I could do more work on the garage itself.
Maybe next weekend.

-
Back