Any Punk Music people????

-
I like all kinds of music... blues and oldies... to metal... doesnt matter as long as it isnt rap

I like rockabilly/psychobilly too :p

Sorry if this thread is causing a problem with to many posts... admin can delete it if its an issue

dead kennedys, dead milkmen. circle jerks. samhain,pennywise,sublime, those are my fav bands.

haha and heres a lil proof of my punkness

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

man i knew this kid in high school who sang in a metal band, and when he did he not only sounded like cookie monster but he freakin looked like him too. as bad as it sounded i always got a good laugh out of watching him perform.

i agree with you hemizach, i love all kinds of music but rap. and metal is my favorite, i love disturbed.

Like a member put it best... I like hard metal but when they start the screaming cookie monster stuff I'm out of here! LOL

i knew this kid in high school who sang in a metal band, and when he sang he not only sounded like cookie monster but he freakin looked like him too. it sounded really bad but i couldnt stop laughing when i watched him perform.

i agree with you hemizach, i love all kinds of music but rap, and i freakin love metal. my favorite bend ever is Disturbed.

Punk is pretty old by now. Hell, I used to frequent the Smiling Buddha in the days of my youth. Vancouver had quite the punk scene in the late 70s/early 80s. DOA, Pointed Sticks, Rude Norton, The Subhumans, Art Bergman & the Young Canadians...

I'm STUNNED that someone on this board knows who these bands are. Rude Norton - Tits On The Beach! The Vancouver Complication gets pretty heavy rotation on my ITunes. D.O.A. might be one of my favorite bands of all time, Hardcore '81 being the pinnacle of all things punk rock, then or now. Also Subhumans might have penned one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time, No Productivity. Thanks george, you made my day!

BTW if you couldn't have guessed, I'm an old punk rocker myself. Started going to shows when the second 'wave' was coming to a close which was around '84 or so. I grew up in CT, I used to 'live' at this place called the Anthrax. I saw just about every legendary band there, too many to name.

I've been in many bands over the years, none of which ever went anywhere though one of them did open for the Ramones about 15 years ago.

I'm STUNNED that someone on this board knows who these bands are. Rude Norton - Tits On The Beach! The Vancouver Complication gets pretty heavy rotation on my ITunes. D.O.A. might be one of my favorite bands of all time, Hardcore '81 being the pinnacle of all things punk rock, then or now. Also Subhumans might have penned one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time, No Productivity. Thanks george, you made my day!

BTW if you couldn't have guessed, I'm an old punk rocker myself. Started going to shows when the second 'wave' was coming to a close which was around '84 or so. I grew up in CT, I used to 'live' at this place called the Anthrax. I saw just about every legendary band there, too many to name.

I've been in many bands over the years, none of which ever went anywhere though one of them did open for the Ramones about 15 years ago.
What I cant believe is that someone from NY has HEARD of Rude Norton!! OK, this will REALLY wierd you out, as well as Rude Norton,Mushroomhead by Can, the Groundhogs, & The Sonics I also have a BUNCH of Joe Turner, Dick Dale & the Del-Tones (I STILL think Miserlou is one of the coolest things ever recorded) as well as the Nick Cave & Bobby Darrin covers of "Mac The Knife" back to back, and some 50s vintage Soul Stirrers. Oh yea, and Ray Price's Crazy Arms!Is that eclectic enough? If I ever lose my MP3 Player, someones gonna be totally BAFFLED by the mixture of whats on there...

What I cant believe is that someone from NY has HEARD of Rude Norton!! OK, this will REALLY wierd you out, as well as Rude Norton,Mushroomhead by Can, the Groundhogs, & The Sonics I also have a BUNCH of Joe Turner, Dick Dale & the Del-Tones (I STILL think Miserlou is one of the coolest things ever recorded) as well as the Nick Cave & Bobby Darrin covers of "Mac The Knife" back to back, and some 50s vintage Soul Stirrers. Oh yea, and Ray Price's Crazy Arms!Is that eclectic enough? If I ever lose my MP3 Player, someones gonna be totally BAFFLED by the mixture of whats on there...

I like all that stuff too. Well, I'm not a real Can fan, my wife likes them a little. I'm a huge surf/instro guy. I think when I got tired of blaring hardcore the instro stuff was what grabbed me next, Lively Ones are my favorites. I saw the Sonics LAST YEAR on their reunion tour. Very weird show, like seeing a revival show in Vegas or on a cruise or something. My friend LOVES the Groundhogs, he's into all the early '70's hard rock, he calls it "Brown Hour", Savoy Brown, Rory Gallagher, early Grand Funk etc. I have a little taste for vintage exotica and bossa nova myself, but only in small quantities. Not a big country fan though I dig some rockabilly stuff like Charlie Feathers et al. Anything the Cramps coverered is OK by me. I like some hip hop, like turntablist stuff like DJ Shadow. Used to listen to a lot of Rawkus records stuff, mix tapes blah blah. You can't avoid it when you live in NYC. Some of it's good, it's not all about people calling themselves the king of the street, I just block that stupidity out. For me it's all about the beats.

For me punk rock kind of opened the door to everything else that was out there.

I guess it depends on your local for me the pinnacle was The Last Pogo at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto were I grew up sneaking into the Edge to see the Viletones { went to school with Scratches kid brother }or Teenage head or GenX , the Demics or the Clash at the Okeefe center ,in 79 the Arthur Pops Festival was meant to be a punk tribute to the tenth anniversary of Woodstock it ended with Battered Wives batting back a wave of beer bottles man good times heck even the Police were just a scummy little punk/ska combo who only booked in north america through the 2Gary's who owned the Horseshoe at the time , then Sid was dead and the Last Pogo ended in a riot and a fire that was all after that it was all wannabees making money and back to metal for me8)

I guess it depends on your local for me the pinnacle was The Last Pogo at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto were I grew up sneaking into the Edge to see the Viletones { went to school with Scratches kid brother }or Teenage head or GenX , the Demics or the Clash at the Okeefe center ,in 79 the Arthur Pops Festival was meant to be a punk tribute to the tenth anniversary of Woodstock it ended with Battered Wives batting back a wave of beer bottles man good times heck even the Police were just a scummy little punk/ska combo who only booked in north america through the 2Gary's who owned the Horseshoe at the time , then Sid was dead and the Last Pogo ended in a riot and a fire that was all after that it was all wannabees making money and back to metal for me8)
Man, I guess we have kinda blown "the younger members" comment right out of the water. Geezer punk LIVES! ROFL!

Jeez, we coulda been at some of the same shows!! Were you here for Elvis Costello at the Kerrisdale arena in '77? Man, THAT was a wild one! He hadnt broke over here at the time they booked that venue, it was SMALL. By the time he actually got over here to play the show, he had broke over here, and it was INSANE, absolutely WALL to WALL humanity.

Volbeat - it´s pretty cool...

since i was 12 years old, i listen to rockabilly, neo-rockabilly, psychobilly, 60ies trash and garage....

you can satiesfy me with Hasil Adkins, Hexxers, Reverend Horton Heat and way more... but my heart beats for The Meteors - the only real Kings of Psychobilly - OTMAPP - proud to be a part of the biggest monster ever since i listen to them for the first time in 1988

ol' Joan and the Blackhearts was about as so-called " punk " that I ever got.

still dig them too.

-RPM

-
Back