Any suggestions on slant six exhaust/intake gasket ?

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
I have a 225 slant 6 and I'm getting sick and tired of using the cheap Advanced Auto manifold gaskets that wind up leaking a few months down the road.

I heard that Remflex makes a good gasket that seals quite nicely, but has anyone had experience with them ? What are some good gaskets that y'all have used on your /6 engines?

by the way when installing this new gasket, what is the best way to installing? What I mean is, should I install it without any RTV sealant, place sealant only on one side, or perhaps place sealant on both sides ? Thank you for any helpful information.

I just installed a Remflex exhaust flange gasket on my 225. The flange was warped and I couldn't seal it with either a stock gasket or one I made from a special header gasket material. The Remflex version isn't leaking at all.

so did you just install it right out of the box, or did you apply any sealant of some kind on it ?

also did you just by the blank material they offer and cut your own gasket or did you buy the pre-made gasket ?

Thanks for the thread link Dan. I remember hearing about those and couldn't remember what company made them, I appreciate it.

Dan, I just ordered a gasket combo set from them, but was curious to know if it would be wise to smear a thin layer of some high temp rtv sealant on each side of these gaskets or just install them dry. Which is the best way ? Thanks

-
Back