Any Tiger Woods Fans?

-
Funny how those that cast aspersions on the man seem to have forgotten the words “Let ye who among you is without sin, cast the first stone.” Or the ever popular ”Judge not, lest ye be judged.”

If you don’t like the man, it’s your decision not to watch him play. But to cast judgement upon him is not your right.

Man this forum sucks, everyone gets judged using someone's particular version of morality.
This forum most certainly does not suck. Do you consider cheating on your wife to be an OK example of morality? It is wrong, it is a sin, and it shows a complete lack of character and morality. I have NO use for anybody who cheats on his wife. Adultery is not simply "someone's particular version of morality." Morality is what separates us from thugs, criminals and animals. Bill Clinton was a perfect example of a low class, skirt chasing individual with no morals. He could have been a great president, but he was too busy getting his knob polished to do it.

Weve all made mistakes in life, I believe in second chances. I have enjoyed watching him in the running, the last 2 weeks. Golf isnt the same without him. Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes, and grows as a man. I welcome him back.

I am not a sports fan per sa, other than rodeo, which most on here do not relate to I figure.

Pro athletes are role models for the youngsters, they should act as such. Yes even role models for adult amateur golfers!!

I am not a sports fan per sa, other than rodeo, which most on here do not relate to I figure.

Pro athletes are role models for the youngsters, they should act as such. Yes even role models for adult amateur golfers!!

I would be a rodeo,fan but horse hate me when I ride them. Any other time they think I'm pretty cool. Throw a leg over one and it's a bad scene. In 1985 I was on a horse and she didn't like me. Run up the drive way, scraped me off of her with a mail box and then stopped to eat some grass. Was a hell of a get off.

I'd be a kazillionaire if you tube was around when I was younger.

I’m not a fan of golf. I don’t have a dog that will chase a ball I’ll be damned if I’ll hit on with a sick and go look for it.
I do understand that it’s a very difficult sport and it’s not for everyone and maybe in his day Tiger Woods was good for the sport but his time has come and gone

For me the big question is did he learn from his mistakes and vow to set a good example from now on. We all heard the gory details of all his scumbag moves, and I would like to think he knows how badly he screwed up and is now on the right track, but I've never heard those words from his mouth. I think for me and many other golf fans that would make a huge difference. Imagine losing your beautiful wife, your kids and the one thing you're good at. What else does it take to put you on the right track?

Don't know about Tiger, but some of us are incapable of learning from our mistakes (take criminal recidivism, for example). Sometimes I just think there are more "sociopaths" running around than we would be led to believe. And it is being hypothesized, more and more, how there is no hope for reforming or treating successfully those personality types.

This forum most certainly does not suck. Do you consider cheating on your wife to be an OK example of morality? It is wrong, it is a sin, and it shows a complete lack of character and morality. I have NO use for anybody who cheats on his wife. Adultery is not simply "someone's particular version of morality." Morality is what separates us from thugs, criminals and animals. Bill Clinton was a perfect example of a low class, skirt chasing individual with no morals. He could have been a great president, but he was too busy getting his knob polished to do it.

And with that, what is your attitude toward the current potus?

Seems to have many of the same qualities. :)

Tiger is still a hypocrite...

Last edited:
And with that, what is your attitude toward the current potus?
Seems to have many of the same qualities. :)

giphy.gif

Morals are not up for individual discretion. They are for the best of individual and collective lives. When someone cheats on on a spouse, especially when children are in the equation, it is a breach of trust that the marriage rarely survives. And it causes devastation for the children. Love is the goal, not sex. I can not separate the man from the golfer. No, I am not a fan. My experience. My opinion.

I lot of our heroes eventually come crashing down. The exceptions are found in legends and mythology. In fact, in my case, I actually legally changed my name later in life when I found the person I was named after was not anyone I would care to emulate (for sure, very distant from being my hero figure). So I chose a name from Greek Mythology, paid $400 to file a court petition, and done deal! And while my new name is not commonly used to name newborns, it is a very well known name to the well-educated. ("Dibbons" is a nick name and not related to my former legal name nor my current legal name).

Funny how those that cast aspersions on the man seem to have forgotten the words “Let ye who among you is without sin, cast the first stone.” Or the ever popular ”Judge not, lest ye be judged.”

If you don’t like the man, it’s your decision not to watch him play. But to cast judgement upon him is not your right.

So who casted judgment? Everything I posted is 100% true and fact and can be backed by every single news source online.

None of us did it to him, he did himself and admititaly. The way I see it, we are confirming his stupidity and lack of morality. I gotta agree when RRR says it is good his father did not have to witness it.

Look who was a lucky bounce on Justin Rose's second shot on 18 from winning the season championship. What a weekend for Tiger... Let's fire up an old thread. LOL

Saw the highlights this morning. Incredible crowd, never seen anything like it in golf before. Guy has been thru the wringer, hes worked hard battled and won this one. He deserves it.

As I said in my earlier post I'm not a Tiger fan. And I was rooting for anybody other then him this past weekend.
But over the weekend Tiger played great, kept himself out of trouble, stayed calm and carried himself well! I was hoping he never won another tournament but he proved me wrong. His skill and ability is above most. I didn't think he could put 4 good rounds together because of health issues. I also thought the younger players would always have one or two of them having a great weekend but they didn't.
I also must say he made TV ratings go out of this world. His after tourney interview was humble and he has changed himself drastically to be more fan friendly.
My hats off to him for the comeback and for the changes he has made. Certainly one of the greatest comebacks in all sports.
I'm still not a Tiger fan but I have to give him credit for his work. I'm hoping he plays this well in France representing the USA this week in the Ryder Cup.
Rod

Last edited:
I love those that say it’s facts they state and not judging. I agree what he did was so wrong IMO but from what I understand he made peace with his wife and children and has turned his life around. No one knows for sure but him and the big guy upstairs. Some need to get off their high horse. It is what it is. As a golfer he is damn good maybe the best ever. He did alter his course by poor decisions. He has to live with that. Great for golf to see him back. I hope for his kids he is a good,father and has really changed his ways.

-
Back