any tips on mating a 727 back on a 360?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys
I just finished up my 360 yesterday and im hoping to drop the drivetrain into the car today or tomorrow

but first I need to reinstall the torque converter (add 1 quart of ATF, any specific type?)

I am planning on laying the 727 on a dirtbike stand and then lowering the 360 down to it with a cherry picker
the 360 has a 8 quart pan so I don't think I would line up with the 727 unless I raise that up a bit

any trick, tips or others guidance?

Make sure you have a beer, soda or what ever you drink next to you.. It sucks crawling out from under the car for a sip!

Make sure you have a beer, soda or what ever you drink next to you.. It sucks crawling out from under the car for a sip!

if I do get the drivetrain installed this weekend the only things that will be bolted up will be the motor mounts and transmission mounts, pretty much everything else will still need to be ordered :banghead:

Make sure the the TC is fully down in the pump.
I use line-up bolts in the back of the engine at the 3 and 9 oclock positions.With those any slight misalignment is a non-issue

thanks for all the advice guys
Hot Rod Valiant stopped by to drop off the transmission jack and hung around for a few hours to walk me through the whole process...even stuck with me when I pulled the ferule off of the outer lokar cable (even though the instruction state that is a big no-no) and most of the time I spend trying to get it back on

the drivetrain is now ready to be dropped in which I intend to do after church today :)

try doing i t on a dirt floor with a 2 5 yr old floor jack, and having a body that has seen 67 unkind years, THEN try the tranny jack, you will love it, ( especially if you have that cool concrete floor to wor k on.....)!?? LOL

-
Back