Any tips

-

edbux

Reaction score
Any tips on removing the stock starter on a 67 Dart? The car also has Heddman headers. Please don't tell me I have to unbolt the headers!! They're sealed so well and I probably won't get this lucky a second time.

TIA for any tips. I've already considered explosives, a jack hammer, mu brother in law's head.....

up high on jack stands...remove center link from drivers side.....remove motor mount nut from drivers side on k frame...remove fan shroud...un hook battery....remove starter wires then starter...might need to raise the engine on the one side....replace with dodge mini starter
Any tips on removing the stock starter on a 67 Dart? The car also has Heddman headers. Please don't tell me I have to unbolt the headers!! They're sealed so well and I probably won't get this lucky a second time.

TIA for any tips. I've already considered explosives, a jack hammer, mu brother in law's head.....

Geez, a couple more bolts and I can take the engine and trans out. Thanks for the tips. I thought there might be some magical trick with the headers. One question though, why remove the fan shroud?

Geez, a couple more bolts and I can take the engine and trans out. Thanks for the tips. I thought there might be some magical trick with the headers. One question though, why remove the fan shroud?

So ya don't break it when the fan blades contact it as you're lifting the side of the engine. You should just have to remove the bolts where it bolts up to the rad.

Terry

Duh...thanks. I would have never thought of that...at least not until I was scrounging around for another shroud.

Duh...thanks. I would have never thought of that...at least not until I was scrounging around for another shroud.

No worries, it's sunday, it's fathers day and if you're like me you've already exceded you max. coffee intake for the week.

Terry

-
Back