Any Trek fans??

-

Claudius

Reaction score
Not far outside Calgary, AB is the town of Vulcan. It was named for the Roman god of fire. Of course, they have done their best to capitalize on the Star Trek name association, complete with a replica of the Enterprise from the original series.

Yesterday, Leonard Nimoy showed up for a day of celebration. He still looks great at age 79.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/Spock+finally+comes+home/2944843/story.html

Did you hear there is a movement to get Shatner picked as the next Gov. Gen. Khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Live Long & Prosper

Yeah man.
I sure am.

I used to watch Star Trek marathons all day long.

Really like the physics of "Next generation."

It's ironic that you mention this, as my Wife rented a movie last night with William Shatner narrating the movie of how star trek changed and influenced the world, pretty cool.
It talked about gene Roddenberry's view of things and how Star Trek changed after his death.

Roddenberry thought technology would bring the perfect eutopia yet after his death, writers looked at a darker, more corrupteed side that technology could bring if in the wrong hands.
It talks about how the movie inspired so many technological inventions including the cell phone and other things I won't ruin for you.

The movie is called "How William Shatner changed the world."

As narcissistic as it sounds, Shatner makes fun of himself and does not take credit as he gives it all to the Star Trek shows and the fans themselves.

I heard about that. After the last two non-Canadian quota bimbos, he might be an improvement. Personally, I would opt for Rick Hansen.

Did you hear there is a movement to get Shatner picked as the next Gov. Gen. Khannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Live Long & Prosper

I heard about that. After the last two non-Canadian quota bimbos, he might be an improvement. Personally, I would opt for Rick Hansen.

I agree, although being a ham actor who doen't live in Canada and probably doesn't know who's running the country should automatically qualify him for the job. (Said with tongue planted firmly in cheek):toothy10:

Getting off the ploitical stage ......

I read this in the paper yesterday along with Lenard saying he's throwing in the towel for actual retirement from acting. He went on to say, he's not making a reappearance in the next movie so Quintin can go foward with his Spock without the old spock to curve anything in future movies. He gave him good reviews and a thumbs up on his talent.

Enjoy retirment Lenard! At 79, you well deserve this! I love your voice overs, excellent voice!

I have a bunch of VCR tapes of Voyager I'm wanting to dump.

Rumblefish, remember this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qtm65AKNw"]YouTube- In Search Of... End Theme Promos[/ame]

Nuthin' better than the original Treks.......

You guys notice how the "colors" just jump off the screen at ya' compared to the "Next generation" and the rest of them?

Love the old "look and feel" of the originals.....really takes me back.

I am happy to say that I can name all the Star Trek series and movies and even happier that I do NOT know Yeoman Rand's cabin number or the combination to Captain Kirk's safe!

-LY

-
Back