Any use for factory speakers ?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I have some old dash speakers with trashed cones and before I toss them I wanted to make see if there is a market for them . Maybe they could be reconed .?
I would give them away if needed but otherwise will trash them .

IMG_0647.jpeg

Not those. But when I need for my '67 I found a place that specialized in that stuff.

They can be rebuilt. I have a friend in Gray who owns music shop and he rebuilds them all the time.

Do you know what he charges ?
Or contact info ? Maybe I will have them rebuilt and put them in my cars . Hate to throw nice old Mopar parts out . But I am trying to clean out my clutter .

Whack em with a hammer to break the magnets and use the pieces as magnets

Chuck the rest

Do you know what he charges ?
Or contact info ? Maybe I will have them rebuilt and put them in my cars . Hate to throw nice old Mopar parts out . But I am trying to clean out my clutter .
I don't remember. He actually rebuilt Vixen's original speaker for me a few years ago. Did a really, really nice job. I sold it to someone on here when I put the 2 speaker bracket in the front. Yeah. I'll PM you his his facebook page link.

Back in the day, we used to recover them with nothing more then an old brown paper shopping bag and Elmer's glue.

-
Back