Any Whovians out there?

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Okay, I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile. How many of you out there watch Doctor Who? I sorta watched it on PBS when I was growing up, but I never really developed an attachment to it until my wife got me watching the new series that started in '05.

For those of you that do watch it, what did you think about how this last season ended? I won't spoil it if some of you haven't finished watching it. I know it ended a month or so ago, but some people actually have lives that don't revolve around GeekTV. I, unfortunately, am not one of them. Luckily, I found a woman that ALSO enjoys GeekTV, so I'm good.

Also, for those that watch it, who do you think would be a good pick for the 12th Doctor? Do you think the Doctor will finally be a ginger after all this time? Will he be a she, and give us our first female Doctor? Or will Steven Moffat go a completely different way? Thoughts? Opinions? Rumors? Let's hear them!

My stepson is a huge fan, and he's getting his girlfriend into it as well.

I watched the original occasionally, but like you, it never really settled.

I'm still on the fence, and haven't really watched in a year or so.

I am, however, a HUGE science fiction/science fact fan, from way back when my age was in the single digits. I used to spend entire days during the summer, reading library sale Analog shorts among other things. I' a big Phillip K. Dick fan (Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, etc). I can also appreciate "Fantasy" stuff like the Hobbit, etc.

My wife turned out to be more of a fan than I originally thought.
She turned me on to Firefly/Serenity, and the Battlestar Galactica remake.

I sure do love that woman!

I watch Dr Who every once in a while, it's ok but ...
(and yeah I thought they were asking about Whooville to!)
I'm more of a reader than a watcher.I also like watching animated films. but that comes with watching Saturday morning cartoons with my kids EVERY Saturday for quite a few years.

ohhhhkay giving away my age here. But I LOVED the Barsoomian series John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs and stayed in the library for hours after school reading them. Also like the series about SPLIT INFINITY by Piers Anthony and another series I'm looking to find again and reading Dragon riders of pern by Ann Mcaffery(sp) .

I'm a big Phillip K. Dick fan (Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, etc). I can also appreciate "Fantasy" stuff like the Hobbit, etc.

Funny you say that about Philip K. Dick. In the last few days I've read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" (which was made into Blade Runner, for those who don't know), "The Man in the High Castle" and "The Minority Report". I'm hoping to find "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" (made into Total Recall) soon. In the meantime, I do have Valis and Ubik to keep me company.

I have always been big in reading scifi/fantasy. 66Dvert mentioned Anne McCaffrey and her Dragonriders of Pern. I really need to get back into those. Piers Anthony is good, but I never read his Split Infinity series. For some reason, I really got into his Incarnations of Immortality. Mostly. Mr. Anthony can be a little wordy at times.

I like Dr. who, but I'm only up to episode 7-07. I liked the previous doctors better than the current actor, but he's OK. I really miss Rose!!! I think she's the one who hooked me onto the series. They should bring her back as the next Dr.!

I tried watching the original series when I was younger, but after missing the early setup episodes, I just couldn't understand what was up with the phone booth and the Darleks.

I've been a Dr. Who fan for close to 40 years!
C

-
Back