Anybody ever seen these before?

-

DartSportGreg

The system has failed!
Reaction score
This is an oil filler tube w/ cap that came off of a 318 4 dr Valiant police car. that's right, a Valiant police car! It twists on the valve cover where the standard oil cap normally does but it acts as a filler tube. I know they also usedthem onlater dodge trucks as well. they look kind of cool when you have two of them on your engine. just wondering if anyone has come across these before?

1120090001.jpg

This is an oil filler tube w/ cap that came off of a 318 4 dr Valiant police car. that's right, a Valiant police car! It twists on the valve cover where the standard oil cap normally does but it acts as a filler tube. I know they also usedthem onlater dodge trucks as well. they look kind of cool when you have two of them on your engine. just wondering if anyone has come across these before?

I've seen them on Diplomat police cars. I have one of those tubes.

Did the valiant police car have rear sway bar. Did you measure the front Torsion Bars.

Some have big T-bar and rear sway bar. I think those were all 360-4bbl ones though.

thats what i say had the on my 318 4v motor i got from cop car . there was not any room to put oil in to many hose and stuff ran over the valve cover. als

thats what i say had the on my 318 4v motor i got from cop car . there was not any room to put oil in to many hose and stuff ran over the valve cover. als

Yep. Every M-body cop car I've had has used these. With the routing of the heater hoses, the wiring harness, the A/C hoses and all the vacuum lines it's hard to even see the valve cover on passenger side, let alone hit the oil fill hole without one.

Its Been Around Since The Early Eighties. I Bought A New Dodge 150, With A 318-4bbl. It Had This On It.

Seen them on the older motor homes, so you didn't have to get under the dog house to add some oil. And on my Uncle's mid 70's New Yorker, I'm guessing it shortened your stretch over the massive fenders to add oil if needed.

-
Back