Anybody going to Detroit next week?

-

Swinger803

1973 Dart Swinger 225
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you guys will be at the Auto show? We will be making the trek from Columbia SC the night of the 13th. It'd be awesome to meet some of you guys and plan a FABO take-over of the show!

..just curious

I live across the river in Windsor, ON area. I go to Detroit all the time, not sure when I'm planning to go to the Autoshow.

Riddler

My sons both now live in Rochester, 20 miles or so from Detroit and I told them they HAD to go and take lots of pics for me which I will post up here as soon as I get them.

I wouldn't go to detroit loaded with every weapon I own. ...and that's a bunch.

id like to but don't have the funds.

im about 80 miles south from the D

Stroker, sorry you feel that way about the Motor city I live in Virginia, have visited Detroit many times had great fun each time. Don't belive all the media says about the area. I have been the DIA the Dream Cruise the Henry Ford the Chrysler Museum, Motown Museum, and other museums and festivals had great fun at all. Hell you may be more safe there than on the Virginia Tech campus.

We intend to have a blast...weapons or no. I've never had a chance to visit Detroit. I'll be sure to come home with plenty of pictures to post.

Well I live just outside Macon, Georgia. I don't go into Macon without a gun in the truck. Kitty carries too. Macon just made the list of the most dangerous cities in America. I wasn't trying to knock Detroit....just the bad element. And it's really ashame because it's everywhere. You really nearbout caint get away from it anymore. I'd love to go up there and see some cool stuff, but I know it ain't ever gonna be in the cards for this poor white boy.

alot of people associate the world "detroit" with crime because of its bad rap....but alot of the city is really cool! everywhere you look is the history of america. but its also very saddening to see the rubble of whats left of motor city. I really hope one day detroit gets revamped somewhat and can get some of its glory back. Yes I am not going to say all of detroit would make you feel super safe as I drove a mustang i was selling a couple of years ago right down the rough end of 8mile and I rolled my windows up and locked my doors and california rolled at every stop sign when I seen cars on blocks and a car on fire lol.

but it has its good side and bad side of town just like most any other towns.

I hit up detroit every now and then for giggles.
never had any issues with the D ... just have to be on the right side of town.

as for the auto show i hate the over crowded show and the crowd around the most interesting cars, which i can see on the news or online.
I prefer to wait for the Detroit Autorama at the end of february.

-
Back