Anybody hunting ?????

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Bow season opened here this morning.... Got a doe about 8:15 am.....:toothy10:This is by far my favorite time of year.. Just wish it was a little cooler...

I think I will hold off this year. I have to drive 15 miles one way in my truck and the way price of gas is today I could put that money on cuda. I have deer meat from last year still.

Nice shot by the way. Getting one with the bow is very good. In my case it has to be luck. LOL!

Yup, just got back from moose hunting today. My brother-in-law got a cow on opening day and I got a 4 pointer second morning. We had a great hunt and a great party last night at the camp.

Jack

Man, you stick slingers get all the good ones before us heavy artillery men even hit the woods.

I swore I would have a new crossbow for this season, but I spent all my playtime money.

I may take out the magnum 500 with fixed iron sights and hope for a close shot.

congrats Jack, i was wandering how you were making out with all this rain and bad weather but it sounds like you didn't waste anytime and got thins done during the good weather. Well i am glad you got lucky and one walked in front of your cross hairs and a good time was had by all :drinkers: and you were able to have some time for refreshments!! Now you can rest!

We have another week to wait for the opener, but we've been watching two decent buck...pretty sure one of them is the eight point I missed last year.

The elk are really bugleing here. headed back out tomorrow. been close but still waiting on the perfect setup

november 8 gotta wait for the slug season to shoot bambi. More pumped about pheasant season that starts in oct

Jack where's those pics to backup that hunting storey!

The pics are a little slow coming from one of my buddy's. Here is a pic from my stand. Yes it is very high, 75 feet up. Those are the tops of some fairly big trees close up to the stand. The moose was in that clearing in the center background of the pic. The GPS said it was 414 yards from the stand to where the moose was standing when I shot. The longest shot I have ever taken.

Jack

stand.jpg

I am getting ready for a trip up to Northern Wisconsin to go Grouse hunting...... Leaving this Saturday! Woooohooooo! We have been going either to Wisconsin or Michigan every year since 93 or so.....

That was one hell of a shot Jack, and you say your eyesight is bad, I dont think so buddy! Glad you had success! Look forward to pics of the big swamp donkey!!

Deer bow season open's Oct. 1 and the modern gun season opens Nov. 10th
here in Arkansas.

Dang Jack!! I would have to knock down 5 deer to get 346 lbs of meat.
Thanks for the picture of the country side up there and what a great shot
you made bud :cheers:

Deer bow season open's Oct. 1 and the modern gun season opens Nov. 10th
here in Arkansas.

Dang Jack!! I would have to knock down 5 deer to get 346 lbs of meat.
Thanks for the picture of the country side up there and what a great shot
you made bud :cheers:

Like I said Mike, that is just a little one. Here is a pic of one I called out for my brother about 5 years ago. We got 752 lbs of meat off of it.

Jack

moosearden.jpg

MooseArden2.jpg

PLEASE come and hunt up here in Goffstown, New Hampshire! We have so many deer we are tripping over them! You cant' drive over 25-30 in the early morning or evening lest you hit one.

-LY

They opened a early season in a town called Cherokee Village just north of me
To help clear the herds down, You have to pass a test and just a hand full of experienced bow hunters are shooting them down and giving the meat to shelters, and to there self. there has been way to many car's and people hurt
because of the big herd in this retirement area.

Here is why you don't see any good bucks in the woods

Wow!

I'd be careful around that glass. I work for a construction company and we had to replace a glass storm door because a buck saw it's shadow and wanted to fight. The antlers made holes in the metal door that is behind the storm door. They are harmless until they go into rut.

There is some dear that come down to graze on the grass at my place. I did not mind untill they started eating my apple trees. Not just the apples of the tree but they were eating the whole tree! Dame things. Have not seen any bucks yet though.

100_5920.jpg

100_5929.jpg

I really miss gray squirrel hunting in the northeast..........

Season opens in September, but I'd usually wait until the leaves got crunchy on the ground.......Park myself in an oak grove for about 15 minutes bein' really quiet, and the woods would come alive with the critters.

I used my Ruger 10/22 with a 4-12 scope, and took clean head shots.......Really great meat too........quartered up, par boiled and then cooked on the BBQ or any way you want the pieces....3 in the bag makes a great meal.

BUT I must admit that a good young whitetail is less work and even more tasty.....especially fresh cut and pan seared with a little garlic and salt & butter................I've been working in Florida for 3 years now, and haven't hunted at all since I've been here....................dang it.

Makes me wish I was at YOUR "place of work" there..........I'd be dreamin' up a way to cuff 'em and stuff 'em.........sure wouldn't get much work done............:toothy10:

-
Back