Anybody In Phoenix that Could Take a Look

-

bmossin

Reaction score
Hello Ben,
my brother lives there, and is in the mopar club. He said he would call around to see if anyone knows who these people are. if they are legitimate, he would be happy to go look at it. I used to live four blocks from that address, go figure. Joe is even older than me, and I learned rabid mopar favoritism from him.

My brother said it seemed pricey. In That part of town, who knows, cash talks. If a local shows up, they sing a different tune down there. We will see tomorrow.

Joe checked the location. That company used to be in Scottsdale, Their 800 number has been disconnected. They moved West, (about 35 miles) and That new address is extremely run down, (Glendale) and there are no nice cars there, and neither is the Dart. It is in a fairly rough area, and the cars that are there are newer and dirty. Nobody comes around when you drive up, and the place sits next to an auction house. My Brother left worried the cops may follow him if he lingered too long. If it's worth anything, Joe knows his darts, and that car is 2,500 tops. The best cars are sold by private owner down there, as there are a bunch of criminals selling old cars there thinking Easterners are suckers. Anybody east of Arizona, I will clarify! This company appears to have been largely an Internet company that posted on consignment.
I hope this helps,,,

I go west often,
If I hear of a clean two door dart I'll let you know,if you like. I sold that same car here in Omaha last year with 40k actual 318 car very minor quarter rust for 2500. So I'll watch out. Now, if you want a gorgeous 67' GTX 440 Four speed Silver, look up craigslist phoenix. $27,500. It was my other Brother John's car. He passed away two months ago at 63 with Lymphoma, 31 years as a Maricopa county Deputy. A good Man. My Brother Joe is selling it for John's wife. I did a bunch of work to it, and the car is all original, minus the correct carb. I don't want it around, so somebody else should look at it, and Enjoy!

That looks good, they use the same patch panel basically of the 69' , much better. Arizona cars are dry, but the rot from the heat kills the wiring and Interior. There is always a price.

I've got family up in Chitown. 68383GTS I really might have to check this out. I'm starting to spend too much time on Craig's list at work. Lol. oMD keep an eye out for me. Trying to stay in the 5-6 range with something to drive and turn a wrench on. Just keeping my eye on a lot. Won't buy until March/April.

Hey All,

Anyone in the Phoenix area that could take a look at this for me? I'm in Ohio and would appreciate a good set of eyes to take a look at this if at all possible and let me know some thoughts. I don't want to ship it out here and then kick myself if it comes to that!

Thanks for everything,
Ben

I could also look for you, but my best advice is to buy from a private owner & not a dealer....

Also, I'm pretty sure that "dealership" has been sold and not affiliated with the prior owners in Scottsdale :cheers:

That was the consensus at the old farts table of the mopars unlimited weekly lunch meeting, as Joe is so old I'm surprised he stayed awake long enough to pay the bill at lunch today as they discussed this very topic!

They moved out of their Scottsdale location last year...I think one of their employees, a young lady, was trying to sell an early A (Valiant? maybe a more door?) to buy a 'daily drive, IIRC. She said they were closing and I got the impression she wasn't going to have a job.

They've been on ebay for a few years, but used to be under a different name - Bromm Buy or something like that? Name changed, but the ads looked the same afterwards.

Walked around the last Scottsdale site (they had moved at least once before) and they had some cool stuff, but they seemed pretty proud of it.

That new address isn't in the nicest part of town (as mentioned above).

-
Back