Anybody in Reno or Sparks that could help me?

-

glockr

Reaction score
I need help getting the radiator out of my 66 Barracuda so I can pull the engine. The way the $%^#@$% shop that last worked on the car put it in makes it impossible for me to get it out any way I can see except cutting, which I don't want to do. I'm hoping that another set of eyes can see a way to remove it without cutting. If anyone can take a look at it, I'll supply the beer (or coffee) and tools. I really want to get this car on the road by summer.

Thanks,
Ken

Post pics of the trouble areas, someone here can probably save you a lot of aggravation. It shouldn't be that hard to get a radiator out of an A-body.

It went in there without cutting anything, it has to come out

I,m in Reno, i can help. I am off tue wen and the mornings thur fri if that will work just let me know.

Tristan F

Here's some pictures. The first two show how the radiator is mounted. As you can see, they pushed the mounting flanges through the hole in the front body support and mounted it from the front, instead of from the back like stock. They did this to increase clearance for a clutch fan instead of asking me if I'd prefer to run the stock fan instead. The next 3 pictures show how far I can get it by trying to angle it out the top (and how they trimmed the mounting tabs). Another thought I had was to just slide it sideways enough to push one side out, but when I tried that the mounting flange hits on a lip around the bottom of the opening.

radiator-mount-1.jpg
radiator-mount-2.jpg
radiator-remove-1.jpg
radiator-remove-2.jpg
radiator-remove-3.jpg

-
Back