Anybody into 72-80 Dodge Pickups?

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Ok I am selling all my parts and getting out of the old car scene for a while but I was wandering if anybody else liked these old trucks? I just sold my 07 Ram and now I am without a truck for the first time since 97', my wife has the Audi me the Liberty. But what if I needed a truck ? I would have to borrow one. My Dad has a mid-70's D100 my Gramps bought new that is taking up space at his place with a 400 in it and it got me to thinking. I have a good running 318/904 that I could put in it and drive it around as a project and a pickup. Solve my want for a project and need for a truck, WIN WIN. Whatcha think?

I think it would be a great work\project truck. I would love to find a 2wheel drive for my daughters first truck.

Hell Yea! Go for it. I like those trucks too. Parts are still somewhat available and lots of years to interchange with.

Like you said "WIN WIN".

My buddy, John, had a '72 Power Wagon 4WD with a small block. We dumped the bed and built a flatbed with stake sides. What a tank. He used it for plowing snow. It is still running and plowing snow for the present owner in upstate NY. Indestructable.

I had a 73 W200 3/4 ton 4X4 from 1986 to 1990. Had a 318 2V with a 4 speed and manual hubs, manual steering and power brakes. I sold it with the Meyer plow still on it with 218000 miles on it. I was the second owner. GREAT truck.

George

Wish I had some more pics of my favorite truck !! 1975 D200 Crew Cab w/440 and an 8' bed !!! Bought from a guy in Albequerque NM !!!

IM000103_original.jpg

Yes I like them, so much in fact that I just bought one 2 weeks ago.

I would go for it, They are great trucks and it's been in the family :happy10::happy10:, I would be jumping all over it :cheers: Congrat's dusted72
WIN WIN :cheers:

Wish I had some more pics of my favorite truck !! 1975 D200 Crew Cab w/440 and an 8' bed !!! Bought from a guy in Albequerque NM !!!

IM000103_original.jpg
Thats one bad ****!!!! You are very lucky!!

They are some badass trucks, love the D-series and W-series!!

This is my next project once the fury and dart are finished. I picked this up a couple of months ago for cheap. It's a 72-74 drivetrain on a 75 cab. 318, 4 speed, divorced 205, dana 44 and 8 3/4 rear. It's a very solid truck with only minor rust. This will be my new huntin' rig.

75%20dodge.jpg

75%20dodge2.jpg

WooHoooo I love it. I'm restoring a 67 Sweptline.
Here's a site for you................Sweptline.org

Jim

My first Ramcharger was a '79. Loved that truck. Original 318 went south and we wound up putting a 400 in it. Did I mention I loved that truck? :-D

i have a 78 longbed 2wheel drive hiding in the barn waiting to have a 440 stuffed into it when i get the time.i really like the older dodge trucks i think they got nice looks

Thanks guys I am going Saturday to check it out and make sure it hasn't turned into something that isn't fixable. This truck started as a 318 truck and my Dad put a 400 in it. It was the first vehice I ever drove when I was 4, 24 years ago (I drove into a ditch my Dad says) and I can remember late nights after the dirt track races with my Dad doing burnouts in front of the house. I can't remember a time in my childhood without that truck in it and now I have a chance to own it myself, 3 generations in the same truck. I think it would be so cool to restore her back to new and take my Gramps and Dad for a ride in her. 3 owners, 3 generations, 1 ride too cool in my eyes.

Thanks guys I am going Saturday to check it out and make sure it hasn't turned into something that isn't fixable. This truck started as a 318 truck and my Dad put a 400 in it. It was the first vehice I ever drove when I was 4, 24 years ago (I drove into a ditch my Dad says) and I can remember late nights after the dirt track races with my Dad doing burnouts in front of the house. I can't remember a time in my childhood without that truck in it and now I have a chance to own it myself, 3 generations in the same truck. I think it would be so cool to restore her back to new and take my Gramps and Dad for a ride in her. 3 owners, 3 generations, 1 ride too cool in my eyes.

Dusted, that's why I have my '78 F250. I learned to drive on it. Was cruising through town at 14 years old in it. Three generations in the same family, right down the line, from Grandad, to Pop, and now me. Makes saving it all the more special.

-
Back