Anybody know anybody who has an MRL perf 318

-

cudaracer

Reaction score
Over at E body mopar forum, I guy put up some impressive 340 hp to the tune of about 474 hp and about 450 ftlbs, all built from MRL with no stroking.

Not bad.
Anybody ever see/hear similar from a 318 from MRL?
How about their roller lifters? Any experiences there? Price seems right.

Thanks

Call Mike and talk to him. He will make some time for you.

He is a site vendor here, ad to the right.>>>>>>>>

Call Mike and talk to him about what you're looking to do. Get his input and then ask others if you'd like to have some different options. The more info you get, the better decision you can make in the end.

You can also go to the vender forum section, and look for MRL Performance.

Thanks all, so I know MRL and have their link. I even emailed Mike and will call him next week.

What is his username?
I searched small block tech threads with "MRL performance 318" and came up empty. I then searched just MRL performance, and got very little.

I will keep looking.

Can't wait to talk to them. Closed Sunday I think.

Do they only do complete rebuilds crate style, or can Mike prescribe a recipe where I can use some of my current stuff.

Do they only do complete rebuilds crate style, or can Mike prescribe a recipe where I can use some of my current stuff.

Yes...to all.

Seriously, if you haven't looked up his vendor page yet, and it appears either you haven't at all or not much, go through all his posts. I ran through there a couple weeks or so ago and noticed he did at one time have a DD 318 type build. I get the impression no one gave those much attention so he has other builds available, and has built other engines for customers here on the site...much like the 340 you mentioned.

Nobody tends to be game to show their good results from a 318 motor because experts in droves will instantly dismiss it and say "if it was a 340/360 it would have made a million trillion more horsepower, you wasted your money"

Can't wait to talk to them. Closed Sunday I think.

There ain't no "them" there - just a one man operation.

Mike's builds are fantastic.
The dyno numbers really show how a well sorted combo can perform.
But that kind of quality costs. (It's a sad fact of life) And I think most people who are able to invest the sums of money involved, are prepared to spend just a tiny bit more to get much much better results by starting with the larger displacement engines.
I'm a teen fiend, because where I live, he $200 cores that everyone says to start with, are nearer $2000.
you guys don't know how good you got it.

-
Back