Anybody like exotics?

-
Try this one. 1 of 4 made 1955 Ferarri LM 121 LeMans team race cars. I laid my hands on this car in the mid 60s in Ohio when it was still being raced in SCCA...and driven on the street.

3.4 Million Bucks

Beautiful car, most of these cars are actually 7 figures not 6 but I didn't want to correct our hemi friend but since you brought it up :-D

Try this one. 1 of 4 made 1955 Ferarri LM 121 LeMans team race cars. I laid my hands on this car in the mid 60s in Ohio when it was still being raced in SCCA...and driven on the street.

3.4 Million Bucks

What, no trunk, ashtray, cruise control, carpet or power seats? lol! That is truly beautiful!! I wouldn't even tell you what I'd do to drive that for an hour. =P~=P~=P~

Sure makes sense to me :-D That was very well explained, people here are right about you, you do write well.

Thanks!

The only thing I disagree with is 3 - you'd look stupid in one, nobody looks stupid in one, well maybe Shaq would :-D In fact I'm sure if you drove by some ladies in one they would think differently, your looks would probably increase tenfold in one of those :-D

I don't think they'd care what I looked like.:-D Even if I had a pack of smokes rolled up in a greasy t-shirt. 8)

I had the pleasure to drive a Ferrari 512 BB back in the early 80's. Nothing sounds like a 12 cylinder at redline. NOTHING.

That's an awesome collection of vintage Ferrai's. God bless him to have the means to be a car junkie and booting only the finest junk in his veins....

i just cringe every time i see a classic ferrari. they are such beaituful cars with the aluminum body work, the 12 cylinders and the heritage that goes along with these cars. Thats a big reason why i like older cars is there is some history to them where as todays cars barely have any.

American muscle is in a different league than the exotics of ferraris. To really understand why some people will shell out this kind of money for them, you'd have to drive one. for some a ferrari isn't their cup of tea, but for others its one of the greatest car companies to exist.

Any one ever seen a 288 gto evolution? 1 in 5 made with twin turbos pushing in excess 600hp.

hemicop if you ever get a chance to come to Fountain Hills, let me know because i live there and the ferrari shop i work at is there. sometimes we have classics and sometimes we have the general later production ferraris around. If you do come by and we have the 430 challenge race car out of the trailer i might be able to take you for a ride if it starts.

Putting it in perspective NOW it all kinda makes sense. NOW I'm Po'd that I'll never be able to afford a fine Ferrari or Lambroghini. "Dustar" thanks for the offer, I'm over in the East Valley 2 or 3 times a week. For that I'll happily make the trip. PM me if you're really serious, I'd love it!
BTW, I'll post a pic of my car (an big-block powered Altered) as soon as I figure out how.

FASTBACK340 I had the pleasure to drive a Ferrari 512 BB back in the early 80's. Nothing sounds like a 12 cylinder at redline. NOTHING.

This is true
I got to go to LeMans in France in 1973 while in the service and it was incredible. They sound like they are turning 10,000 finely tuned rpm and accelerate like a jet. There was a 2 1/2 mile straight on the back side and they had to almost stop right before it as it was a hairpin turn leading into it. Then up to 200+ in no time.
I would like to go there again someday.

Watch Top Gear on cable sometime and see how these guys rate cars. It's all about handling and braking. I have to turn it off sometimes when they start raggin' on our stuff, but interesting to see the contrast.

This last season they went to San Francisco, drove a new Corvette z06, the new Challenger, and the new Cadillac STS. They drove them to the salt flats and set speed records. And they LOVED EM'!

It was nice to see them not harp on about "American cars can't turn".

Hell, I've seen a 66 Nova pull 1.1g on a skidpad. :p

I'm a fan of Top Gear. Once you get over their ragging and just enjoy thier antics, it gets even better. :)

I am a car guy and enjoy looking at other brands of cars. I also liked that guys garage. If money were no object I would have one or two of those myself. Thanks for posting up the pics!

I am a car guy and enjoy looking at other brands of cars. I also liked that guys garage. If money were no object I would have one or two of those myself. Thanks for posting up the pics!

The garage is pretty cool, it's sort of on a hill so you enter a room at the bottom that is full of diecast cars and what not, you go up some stairs into the Ferrari room and then the shop is off of that. Even has a 300SL pedal car :-D

DSC02683.jpg

-
Back