anybody make there oil pan deeper

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
thinking of doing my big block pan for my low budget deal...any of you guys deepen your pans?????lets see them..:D

Here mine on my 383.

Edit- watch out how deep you make it, I might be modifying this again as it may have ground clearance problems on my car......

IMG_03852.jpg

IMG_03842.jpg

I've never made any deeper, but I once modified a Truck Pan to fit a Maverick for a guy who stopped by the shop.

Welded the outside (after tons of cutting and making pieces by hand), and then Brazed the inside.

IIRC I charged him something like $35 or $40 for the job, and by the time it was all said and done, I made about $5 after figuring in all the materials used on the pan. I'll never do that again.

Here mine on my 383.

Edit- watch out how deep you make it, I might be modifying this again as it may have ground clearance problems on my car......

IMG_03852.jpg

IMG_03842.jpg

what did you cut that sump off of if you don't mind????looks really good...thinking of doing my pan as its going on my low buck motor,and a aftermarket pan will cost little more money then I like to spend on this 1 ...lol but will see what I come up with..:prayer::prayer:

Give me some time and I'll take a pic of the one on the 400 in the garage that came out of my '79 Ramcharger.

12 quarts. The pan is made out of 3/16". No need for skid plates.

Oops didn't see your reply

I used a 971 pan and cut the bottom off but I can't remember where I got the bottom pan from. I cut the hole for the oil pick up and then
put baffles inside.

-
Back