Anybody receive seat covers from Legendary or Classic Industries lately?

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I've been waiting since November for 1970 bucket seat covers and Classic Industries says they aren't getting delivery dates from Legendary (I think that is where they are coming from). Has anybody received anything lately and how long did you wait?

I've found so many upholstery shops around my area that when the time comes to do my interior I'm leaning in that direction even if it would be more expensive. There's some real talent out there.

I've found so many upholstery shops around my area that when the time comes to do my interior I'm leaning in that direction even if it would be more expensive. There's some real talent out there.
Exactly what I ended up doing.................going local I like to support local small businesses.

Image.jpeg

The problem is finding matching materials. I believe this is the big issue with the backlog as mentioned in an older post. Many textile mfg's went out of business in the last number of years.

When I did mine she sent me several samples, I understand though if you are doing a restoration. Mine is a preservation and not trying to be a perfect match.

Wait for Legendary-There products are the best for a perfect match.

At Carlisle- I ordered new floor mats from Legendary for my 66. There was a 6 week wait. They told me 8-10 weeks on seat covers.

I just called them and Ron from Legendary said second week of May 2024 for seat covers is lead time
If that is the case I will order from them and cancel with Classic Industries. I realize they are using the supply chain issue as usual but 'm getting the feeling I am being jerked around. The Classic p/n is the same as Legendary p/n. I have a whole pile of parts that I am asking them to hold and ship with the covers and patience isn't my best virtue.

Last edited:
If that is the case I will order from them and cancel with Classic Industries. I realize they are using the supply chain issue as usual but 'm getting the feeling I am being jerked around. I have a whole pile of parts that I am asking them to hold and ship with the covers and patience isn't my best virtue.
Why would you drop out of que just to reorder direct? Just tell Classics to ship your other parts and the covers when they come in. Legendary has been damn near a year lead time for years now.

As for Classics themselves, they have to be the only place on earth that has an item before I'll buy from them.

Why would you drop out of que just to reorder direct? Just tell Classics to ship your other parts and the covers when they come in. Legendary has been damn near a year lead tome for years now.

As for Classics themselves, they have to be the only place on earth that has an item before I'll buy from them.
Because they can't even give me an eta. If Legendary can they can have the order. Part shipping to Canada causes me to incur hundreds of dollars in extra brokerage charges. Yes, dealing with Classic is a pia. They seem to have a rigid system and often won't let me add to an order.

Because they can't even give me an eta. If Legendary can they can have the order. Part shipping to Canada causes me to incur hundreds of dollars in extra brokerage charges. Yes, dealing with Classic is a pia. They seem to have a rigid system and often won't let me add to an order.
You're missing the point. If Classics has your order in que with Ledgendary(the mfg) then you're just going to add delay to your order. Now if what you're ordering from Classics is not Ledgendary's stuff you'd be doing yourself a favor by canceling.

As for shipping to Canada you're crying to the wrong guy.... stop using UPS ffs....

I would call them tomorrow and talk to them. They have great customer service. See if they can find your order from classic.

You're missing the point. If Classics has your order in que with Ledgendary(the mfg) then you're just going to add delay to your order. Now if what you're ordering from Classics is not Ledgendary's stuff you'd be doing yourself a favor by canceling.

As for shipping to Canada you're crying to the wrong guy.... stop using UPS ffs....
How come the Classic queue is 8 months + and the Legendary queue is 8-10 weeks? That's an interesting question isn't it? Unfortunately Classic doesn't offer shipping options. I never use UPS when given a choice but for larger shipments they are all expensive. Brokerage isn't an optional charge.

Every time I've been past Legendary's facilities since the shutdown they've had a big help wanted sign out front. Specifically, it says they're looking for sewing machine operators.

Ron has been with Legendary since he was the only employee.

How come the Classic queue is 8 months + and the Legendary queue is 8-10 weeks? That's an interesting question isn't it? Unfortunately Classic doesn't offer shipping options. I never use UPS when given a choice but for larger shipments they are all expensive. Brokerage isn't an optional charge.
Read all the posts again. It's not 8 to 10 weeks. It's Months and has been for years.

Might be worth a call for black or white upholstery, but yes, colors are 7-11 months for a long time, maybe more.

-
Back