Anybody run their exhaust through the roll pan?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am thinking of running the exhaust on my minitubbed 72 dart through the roll pan just under the bumper. Has any one doe this before? Did you just cut and bend the exhaust or did you eld to the roll pan?
Anybody got pics?
I am thinking of welding stainless boxes throught the center of the roll pan side by side.

I am thinking of running the exhaust on my minitubbed 72 dart through the roll pan just under the bumper. Has any one doe this before? Did you just cut and bend the exhaust or did you eld to the roll pan?
Anybody got pics?
I am thinking of welding stainless boxes throught the center of the roll pan side by side.Anybody have any mods similar to this?

Yes,I have.
I cut mine to suit the quad challenger tips.
I reckon it'll sort of match the tail lights.
I cut the top of the opening level with the bottom of the chassis rail.
Is this the sort of thing you're looking for?

ibm78o.jpg

there was a pink dart posted here a while back that had round tip through the pan. they really did a nice job with it. they made it look factory, can't find the damn pic though..

The trouble with going through the pan is that there is an inner bracing full width that joins the rear of the chassis rails.
It could be done.Just a lot more work.
I've got MP offset spring hangers in mine which leaves little room between the fuel tank and springs for the tail pipes.Mine is set up so the tail pipes run straight and level under the chassis rails.
If yo cut a hole higher in the pan to exit them through the pan you would need some fancy bends at the end of the tailpipes.As I said,a lot more work.
Another shot of mine

4sd4lz.jpg

I bought a Scamp parts car that the owner did that to. He cut the bracing under the bumper to run the pipes. He made it look like a 70-74 Cuda -rectangle in the pan. Didn't look bad at all. I still have the pan for sale . May still be a pic of it under scamp parts car for sale back in march or so..

I bought a Scamp parts car that the owner did that to. He cut the bracing under the bumper to run the pipes. He made it look like a 70-74 Cuda -rectangle in the pan. Didn't look bad at all. I still have the pan for sale . May still be a pic of it under scamp parts car for sale back in march or so..

I looked through your post and found the Scamp parts:
attachment.php

-
Back