Anybody running the Mancini rocker arms on eddie heads?

-
@lead69 is using them on TF heads. I’ve seen them and I’d run those long before I ran the HS rockers with the needle bearings.

Brian at IMM used them on my engine with Edelbrocks.

Brian at IMM used them on my engine with Edelbrocks.

cool.
Have HS 1.5’s on my motor, looked at buying just 1.6 rockers as part of offseason upgrade along with a trick flow intake if i can get one.
I can buy this Mancini 1.6 set for 1/2 of what going to 1.6’s on my HS setup would be. Worth considering

Thank for the assurance !

his opinion differs from most. There is a reason the ones you and i have are twice what the ones they make for Mancini are, and it isn't that they aren't reliable.
That said, i am not running a roller, so wouldn't have an issue trying the cheaper ones

his opinion differs from most. There is a reason the ones you and i have are twice what the ones they make for Mancini are, and it isn't that they aren't reliable.
That said, i am not running a roller, so wouldn't have an issue trying the cheaper ones

My opinion is based on years of seeing them fail. They fail because the needle bearing takes up way too much space in the rocker and they are inherently weak right there and they fail.

The other issue is using needle bearings on a reciprocating shaft. Bad policy, even thought it’s done on Jesel and T&D, but the shafts aren’t as BG in diameter as the chrysler shafts and they are solid.

That’s why I won’t use them. If they leave the bearings out they are a good rocker.

I do not risk running alum rockers anymore. When you consider how much you can spend on these engines, a couple of hundred dollars extra on steel or s/steel rockers is money well spent on reliability.

I use these in 1.6 ratio on my 408 with speedmaster castings. working fine, one negative thing is that i found some metal shavings in the shafts (not de-burred the holes correctly). So i´d use these again, just take care to inspect and clean the shafts if necessary.

Michael

My dad bought a set 2 years ago. Had them on Edelbrock heads and now Trick Flows. No issues with either.

I have the 1.5 on tf heads. They have a perfect, in my wipe on the tf. I also had them on speedmaster heads without a problem. Been running them for 3yrs on my racecar. I agree with above mentioned, make sure you check the shafts for burrs.

They worked great on my trickflows, I think they are the best aluminum rockers for the money.

-
Back