Anybody use a yearone dash harness?

-

dogpro

Reaction score
The dash harness in my 71 340 duster is toast with burnt wiring and a burnt fuse block so i am looking at the harnesses at yearone,they are a little pricey but a new harness would be alot easier than fixing the current one or trying to make another year fit, so has anybody used one? and if so did it come with all connectors or did you have to use some off the old harness?. Thanks,Lou

I have never used one of their harness but yes they are complete and come with all the plugs. Jim

I bought the entire harness for my car from Year-One and it literally dropped right in. I bought my engine harness up-graded to the late model alternator and electronic ignition already wired in. Pricey, yes. Piece of mind? Priceless.

Thanks for the replies! I do have another harness from a 67 cuda but I would rather not have a cobbled up mess!So yes fastback340 the piece of mind would be priceless! so this sounds like the route I want to go. Thanks,Lou

Thanks for the replies! I do have another harness from a 67 cuda but I would rather not have a cobbled up mess!So yes fastback340 the piece of mind would be priceless! so this sounds like the route I want to go. Thanks,Lou

Evans will make an exact copy of your factory underdash rallye dash wiring harness, if you send your original to them. I have no idea as to what they would charge, but every single harness I have seen --- made by Evans --- has been superb. Google Evans Mopar factory wiring or perhaps someone on the board has the URL...Never mind .. here you go...

http://evanswiring.tripod.com/id2.html

I believe that there are at least one or more differences between the early Abody rallye harness and the later version (1971).

Of course..if you want to get on with it NOW...bite the bullet and buy the Year One harness...

BTW please report back your findings on the Year One install and quality after you complete the swap - out...so that others may have an informed source with which to make decisions from, in future wiring harness decisions.

I have a complete yearone harness for my 72 Demon headlights to taillights and it is awesome. I have also used yearone to upgrade my 72 Duster to electronic and it plugged right in and workes awesome!!

I've used a few YerOne harnesses and they were great. They are manufactured by M&H

how would you guys rank the harness from Year One vs. "Painless wiring harnesses"? Any particular preferences out there?

Y/O ins a plug in deal. Painless requires some fabricating and is a good 2 day project.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the year-one harness, and let me tell you this thing dropped right in and was a perfect fit! color codes and all connectors were right on the money so I am happy with what I got. The only thing I see you have to watch is that the harnesses they sell are the basic harness if you have any kind of accessory (Map light,reverse light ect...) it does not come with it ( Mine did not have any) and you need to get it from your old harness. Thanks for all the replies,Lou

how would you guys rank the harness from Year One vs. "Painless wiring harnesses"? Any particular preferences out there?

Year ones are drop ins. Painless need to be routed, cut, crimped, and soldered. To me that is no big deal, to others, it is a big deal.

-
Back