Anybody used this Z-alt oil before?

-

bremereric

Reaction score

Product Description

-ALT™ Muscle Car Oil is formulated specifically for maxiumum proctection & performance of pre-1975 gasoline powered cars and trucks. Contains NO CHLORINE, TEFLON OR SOLVENTS. Z-ALT™ Muscle Car Oil is a must for flat tappet cam engines.

Mass marketed oil companies constantly re-engineer their products for the latest engine applications which has left older vehicle engines without the essential detergents and anti-wear agents they need to operate properly. With ever tightening EPA regulations and catalytic converter damage related to zinc, ZDDP has been drastically reduced in modern oils.

This is an oil testers and racers quote...

"I have been testing this Z-Alt oil in our lab since June of 2009, I must say I am impressed. I have ran an oil analysis testing lab for the last 14 years and have tested many different oils in the market for racing applications as well as diesel and industrial markets. One thing that got me really interested in this product was the fact I have a drag-race car that I run on the weekends and wanted to find an oil I could use to run my engine into the higher RPM's without being nervous at 150 mph @ 8.80 seconds.

I seen some interesting things with the Z-Alt oil when it comes to film strength and oxidation factors. I thought at first this was another Chlorine based product which scared me to death, but when tested, 0-ppm of Chlorine is present in this oil. I have seen many engine failures over the years due to Chlorine in oil additives. The long term effect these chlorine products have on bearings, oil galleries, pumps and more can cause major downtime failures for sure.

I ran 9 quarts of the Z-Alt oil in my drag car in early October at our final race of the season, after 8 times down the track I drained the oil and saved enough to run some test on. My wear metals numbers on FE, CR, PB and AL was very impressive compared to the other oil I ran previous in the season, a reduction was seen with the Z-Alt oil across the board. Also I noticed the oxidation was < 3.2 which proved to me the oil could withstand the heat I was putting to the engine durning the hard runs down the 1/4 mile.

Looking at the moly technology of the Z-Alt oil, I must say they found a way to make film strength that impressed our lab technicians and also proved to protect the moving parts of a high horse power engine. I hope in the future they offer other grades of oil for different applications for the street as well as diesel trucks.

Now, can somebody tell me where to get this oil besides their website? I only had 12 cans of the 20w50 and I cannot find a dealer in my area. I need to make sure and get some before March for racing season."

I bought a case last summer at Carlisle. I needed oil and the guy had a good sales pitch. Kinda hard to tell how good it is. It worked fine and because of the flat tappet cam, I know the zinc is needed. Some sort of spout would be nice.

I bought a case last summer at Carlisle. I needed oil and the guy had a good sales pitch. Kinda hard to tell how good it is. It worked fine and because of the flat tappet cam, I know the zinc is needed. Some sort of spout would be nice.
you can get those spouts that fit over the entire side of the can and can you remember the ones you used to punch into the can to poor the oil out...man I am old

you can get those spouts that fit over the entire side of the can and can you remember the ones you used to punch into the can to poor the oil out...man I am old
Hi Eric, You think your old because you remember those spouts. Thats nothing i have one that i used myself for years. Hunky

Hi Eric, You think your old because you remember those spouts. Thats nothing i have one that i used myself for years. Hunky
Steve I am going to get me some of the oil and use my old hand can opener...the one you used to use to open those big cans of Hawian Punch..then poor if into a funnel...unless you sell me that spout

Steve I am going to get me some of the oil and use my old hand can opener...the one you used to use to open those big cans of Hawian Punch..then poor if into a funnel...unless you sell my that spout
Make an offer its for sale. Hunky

-
Back