Anybody using Proform Carbs

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I used to have a 750 Eddy carb on my car. It ran GREAT. 340 modified to about 360-370 HP. About 8 years ago, the 20 year old lacquer paint job I did was starting ti look ragged, so I blew it apart for another paint job. Life got in the way and it took 2 years. I never could get the car to run right after not running for over 2 years. I tried a carb rebuild, but that didn't help. I bought an Eddy 650 Thunder series carb, and it ran really well. Just not quite as well as before. I was thinking about going back to a 750 CFM. What do you guys know about these. I might go back to a 750 Eddy, but I kind of like the sound of this.
Engine Carburetor; Street Series Model; 750 CFM; Vacuum Secondaries Type | #67208 (proformparts.com)

I run a 950 proform. WHile i've hear the production toleraces can be of on these, mine has worked fine.

I'll also tell you this, last time I had my engine dynoed I tried a holley 950 ultra HP on it. It made 602hp vs. 600hp. The car works great on the street. I wouldn't hessitate to run another one.

They have a pretty good reputation in the circle track world where we see custom carbs run as much as $2500.00.

I see plenty on our weekly racers.

-
Back