Anyone at all work on 73-74 Darts anymore?

-

gts340

Reaction score
Just a general question I guess. The reason I ask is that I am packing up stuff from this past weekends car show/swap meet and it seems that for the past few years I've had zero interest in a few of the 73 parts I have left. I used to get rid of them quickly. I've had a nice header panel and fender and a few other bits that I would think someone would want but no one even looks these days.
I'm not trying to sell them here, that's not the point, just wondering. Maybe it's the Chicago area. Anyone still toy with this generation of Darts anymore?

i don't know what it is about these cars. i personally like them. i have no problem with them at all. why they get a bad rap is beyond me:angry7:.....

here is a pick of my 73 dart at the track last weekend. I think the 73 darts are ok. But i want to put the frontend of a 70-71 dart on mine. Thanks Mopar65

100_0521 (Large).jpg

73 dart (Large).jpg

I have a '74 I'm starting to work on as my first project car.
It is not my ideal body style (the big bumpers and pointed nose just don't look as nice as the older ones), but it was cheap and it will be a good learner car for me.

You can send me a list of what you have also, most of my interior has small rips and punctures from the guy I got it from, he removed it and stored it in the trunk with all the trim and other parts.

Mopar65,
if you do happen to do a front end swap, please post some details, I have thought of doing it also if I can find a cheap 4 door donar car...

74 Dart 1.jpg

Our first Dart was a 75 also. I am not a fan of the beak, but I do miss the car.

Dart 1.jpg

I have 2 74's a sedan and hardtop but if you want my honest opinion most people that are buying 73-76 darts especially 75 and 76 are the guys with the least amount of money my cars cost me 300$ each so when the economy goes bad were the first ones to tighten up on projects where as the guys with the early 70's or late 60's spend more on their cars to begin with and have more in rougher times.

dan201, your logic makes perfect sense to me. I have a 73 and its my first real project car and it was one of the cheapest around, it was not my first choice car at all, never the less i still like the body style minus the beak.

i think the 73-76 darts have the best lookin front ends
Me too.
A close second is the '70 /'71 Dart front end.
I never thought of the '73 and up front end as a "beak" front end, i guess it is though. Anyway, i like it especially on a Dart Sport.
Tom.

Me too.
A close second is the '70 /'71 Dart front end.
I never thought of the '73 and up front end as a "beak" front end, i guess it is though. Anyway, i like it especially on a Dart Sport.
Tom.
so do i....even though the cars were taking a turn for the worse everywhere the dartsport and duster still retained their elegent long hood and flowing bodylines unlike everybody else all the way till 76.

-
Back