Anyone built a 6 pack hood plenum?

-

emnestor

emnestor
Reaction score
I have a fiberglass 6 pack hood and need to design a plenum for it. I could use some ideas'/ or under hood pics for referance.

Though not the same, I built this one for my 64 Signet which enclosed the air cleaner. You can basically do the same for your type and using rubber moulding to meet the under hood so no air escapes from your scoop to carburetors.

Hope this helps
th_march003.jpg

You could look into a AAR base plate from Year One. The fiberglass unit is *I THINK* $150.
The steel unit is out of control in price.
It can at least give you a "base" to work from like Cudaspaz did.

You could look into a AAR base plate from Year One. The fiberglass unit is *I THINK* $150.
The steel unit is out of control in price.
It can at least give you a "base" to work from like Cudaspaz did.

My hood is the AAR fiberglass model and it has a massive opening underneath. The opening is not circular like most of the set ups I see people building. I will go check out the AAr base mentioned above. Thought I might try to build a plenum that attatches to the under side of the hood rather than a large base plate that sits on the carb. Im guessing this AAR hood I have is different from the stock model.

I used a steel hood but built this in cardboard first and then outta steel.

Attachments

• 000_3571.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 000_3832.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 000_3831.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 196
Mopar clown. Thats pretty much what I need to do. How did you attach it? How did you close up the back towards windshield? More pics if ya can please. Thanks.
Oh. Just noticed you have the luxary of removing your scoop. Man I wish mine di it would make things so much easier.

Being that its steel hood,I folded the edges over and attached it with screws.I needed to be able to remove it as I am running a single 4BBL right now and need to make a plate for that also.Winter is getting here and I will be making a new one for it soon.

Attachments

• 000_3970.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 101_9228.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 175
Thank you
Being that your hood is glass,I like the idea of glassing in one of the glass ones that are offered.

We built one for the AAR hinged 6-Pack hold on the Demon in my avatar.
I will try to get pics this upcoming weekend.
I built one from aluminum & attached it to the underside of hood with panel adhesive, the type for installing auto body panels.
It has been installed for 4-years now. No signs of cracking or coming loose.
I just made a simple cardboard template & transferred it to the aluminum.

Mikedevore That would be great!!! Thanks. I look forward to the pics.
Mopar clown. Im having trouble locating any of the glass ones that are offered. Recomendations ?

-
Back