Anyone ever chopped the top on an A-Body?

-
Building a wagon would be pretty easy if you think about it. You could even incorporate the fold down rear seat option, the interior would be east to build, the rear floor you could use part of the floor from a 70's era pick up, the interior side panels could be stolen from pretty much any 70's model station wagon along with the side glass and you could make a 2 door wagon slammed on the ground for you and a 4 door wagon for the wife. I have thought about how to build a A-body wagon for years ....hmmmmm.....NO I don't need another toy!!!!

Holy Crow!!! That's It!!!but with a hatch that the window opens too....but that's werkin for meeeeeeeeee! I like it!!!!!dang now I must do this and I'm fresh out of scamp's,let's see the four door version with 360 scamp's car with the fender skirts!!!!
Dammit, you guys! I was just going to 'peek' at FABO, and then go back to work that I had to do tonight. This 'Chopping session is the ONLY thing I got done tonight :)

Here's what my twisted mind came up with. First, what a Scamp with a 2" chop and a dropped stance would look like. I think I'm diggin' it :happy10::
ScampChopNDrop.jpg

Next, Waggin gave me an idea, so I ran with it. Scamp Sedan Delivery, anyone? I was tempted to add one of those round port hole windows for the back half like on those old disco-era Pinto wagons, but I knew I'd have some FABO members come to my place lookin' for blood...LOL!
ScampSedanDelivery.jpg

I have looked at my dart a lot of times thinking of what it would look like chopped. The chopped scamp and wagon do look pretty sweet though...

Oh yeah, I'm feelin' the side skirts :happy10:...how about these? Sorry, I always want to shave reflectors off...

DartSportWagginSpecial.jpg

...and then I saw that body line go away at the wheel arch lip and thought it should be integral with the skirt...what do you guys think?
DartSportWagginSpecial2.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm feelin' the side skirts :happy10:...how about these? Sorry, I always want to shave reflectors off...

DartSportWagginSpecial.jpg

...and then I saw that body line go away at the wheel arch lip and thought it should be integral with the skirt...what do you guys think?
DartSportWagginSpecial2.jpg
I think I need to get better pics of my scamp so you can chop it for me and help me decide

Ok, so I stole a flat glass hatch off of a Gremlin, and it looks a bit "hearse-like", but I would SO cruise it... :-D

DartSportHearseySpecialRear.jpg

Big props to madmax/6's wicked chop, made all the cooler with /6 power. I LIKE IT! What does she do in the quarter?

third time out it did 8.34 @80mph in the 1/8th,will be going out tommorow to start tuneing.daily driven all motor,Mark

Holy crow!!!! looks like ma shoulda made it!!!what program are you useing to do that?is it compatible with computer illiterate or do I need to stick to actually cutting stuff?that looks so much more like fun!!!oh you forgot to chop the top !!!
Ok, so I stole a flat glass hatch off of a Gremlin, and it looks a bit "hearse-like", but I would SO cruise it... :-D

DartSportHearseySpecialRear.jpg

I'm using Adobe Photoshop 7, which has a bit of a steep learning curve, but it IS a LOT of fun once you know it. I learned a lot from this site that shows how to 'Chop cars (all Euro stuff): http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
The techniques I learned there, spelled out in step by step detail, made me much better much faster than if I had picked up a book about Photoshop.

Mad Max that car is bad *** man. It looks awesome

sweet I like what you did with JR's car!

Hay JR im coming over with my sawazall

I will sick my dog on you! When are you going to come get your "I wanna be like Vin Diesel when I grow up" kit out of my garage? Wanna try the wallyworld show again this Friday? My buddy in Issaquah went last weekend and said there was 300 cars there at 7pm.

I think it would be sweet! I would love to do it to one. if only I had a spare body....

Dude, with the kind of work you do, i would be MORE than happy to donate my 72 Scamp i got sitting around, just to see what kind of magic you would do!!!!!!!!!!

:poke: it's just sittin' there anyways :toothy10:

Ok Ill go with the wagon versions however, they both deserve the slanted quarter window taken all the way to the rear. Kinda like the mid 80s malibu wagons.
As far as a chop..........mmmmmmm......... as long as its kept modest like the factory job was about 2 pages back, I think it would look pretty cool.

Photoshop - easy

Chop top - difficult

How do you replace the front and back windows and seals?

The interior would need some fixin' to.

Ride around with a phone book under your butt and check it out.

Dude, with the kind of work you do, i would be MORE than happy to donate my 72 Scamp i got sitting around, just to see what kind of magic you would do!!!!!!!!!!

:poke: it's just sittin' there anyways :toothy10:

Thank you, it's a lot of work but it's a lot of fun

Photoshop -
easy for me this would be harder then metal I don't know what I am doing on photochop and I would need the program.

Chop top - difficult
It's only metal, in reality it isn't that difficult if you have the proper tools and some time.

How do you replace the front and back windows and seals?

easy cut the glass and glue them in like a new car no need for seals or slant them and glue

The interior would need some fixin' to.

custom interior is easy. how do boats get done or custom cars?

Ride around with a phone book under your butt and check it out.

haha this made me laugh

I will sick my dog on you! When are you going to come get your "I wanna be like Vin Diesel when I grow up" kit out of my garage? Wanna try the wallyworld show again this Friday? My buddy in Issaquah went last weekend and said there was 300 cars there at 7pm.

maybe with the scamp, but I think I gotta pick up the dart from school friday. who knows call me tomorrow or the next day

-
Back