Anyone Ever Run One Of These

-

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any experience running this setup:
s-l1600.jpg

I picked this up for my Dart. It will be a while before I build an engine accordingly to match it. I would like to set it up for street/strip use. I realize the way it is now is for performanc/drag racing. I also know I'd be better off with a dual plane intake for general reliability. I am not planning on the car being a daily driver, just something for fun. I have a friend that has a Six Barrel car and has experience with 6 Pac setups, so tuning isn't going to be too much of an issue. I can get the vacuum pods for more friendly driving and can dam up certain areas inside the intake if need be. Any experience or advice, feel free to let me know. I like the eye candy appeal and just the uniqueness of the setup, it's something you don't see very often.

I use to run one on the street with a mild 440. I only wish I had the Ford tri-power carbs like you have there. The accelerator pumps on the out boards should be easier to tune. To run it successfully on the street I would research on where to epoxy the popsicle sticks to the floor of the plenum. It will help prevent puddling. You may also need to upgrade the center carb with a 50cc accelerator pump. If the carbs are fresh rebuilds I would toss it on and see what happens! Keep us posted!

Get the Mopar engine book. It will tell you where to epoxy the dams for better fuel distribution.

LocuMob
All kidding aside it looks real nice, regardless of how, where or when you'll be trying them out. Keep us posted &
Best of luck.
MAPS

P.S. THE OFFER STILL STANDS SHOULD YOU ONE DAY DOWN THE LINE WANT TO SWAP THEM OUT FOR A GREAT HOLLEY TYPE (1050) CARB.

LocuMob
All kidding aside it looks real nice, regardless of how, where or when you'll be trying them out. Keep us posted &
Best of luck.
MAPS

P.S. THE OFFER STILL STANDS SHOULD YOU ONE DAY DOWN THE LINE WANT TO SWAP THEM OUT FOR A GREAT HOLLEY TYPE (1050) CARB.
I'll definitely post it when it happens. I was hoping to build a new garage soon, but...

-
Back