Anyone ever see one of these?

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had ever seen one of these fender covers before? I bought 2 of them from a man here in town a while back, He said that he had a friend take part in this contest. They were given to him and he was a cheeeeevy man. I was thinking about this so i thought i would post a picture to see if anyone might have some info. Thanks, Matt

IMG_0351.jpg

WOW! Now thats a nice piece. I have never seen them, but nice score!!

They were given out as awards at the Plymouth trouble shooting contests/competitions for students and mechanics. They also had Plymouth trophies, clothing, tools, tool boxes, etc, they had them just about every year. That fender cover is very nice, hard to find!

No John ... I want it! ;)

<sigh...> I'm not getting it either............. :sad3:

I already have the trouble shooting service manual and the winner's trophy, which has a fastback Barracuda on the top, from `68. I'll have to dig it out and photograph them.

The troubleshooting contest was one of the best events of my life. I participated in this contest in 1970, my partner and I won. Chrysler Corporation set up cars with defects under the hood (carb,fuel pumps,points/condenser wiring problems etc.) and the idea was the first team to find the problems and have the car running to specs -WON The fender covers are very nice enjoy them. Hence my name Troubleshooter

Thanks for the info fellows. BTW FASTBACK340 when you get a chance would you please post some pictures of the trophy and things you have?
Thanks,Matt

those fender covers are bad-***. I have seen a set on a 68 hemi cuda once, and the guy had a sign beside the car that said please do not touch fender covers, nothing about the car. That's major score you have there, if I can be nosy, did ya get a good deal on them?

I had those from competing in the chrysler troubleshooting contest in Kansas city in 75 i believe. i wore mine out and they got tossed, i guess I should have hung on to them.

that fender cover will bring some bucks to the right guy,,maybe that guy in new york,julieano ?? he collects any and every thing,, concept cars,,dealer displays,,,you name it he has or wants it if its mopar,,,you may be able to pay off youre house selling him that cover,,nice find thansk for posting it

-
Back