Anyone ever template the 1920 float bowl baffle?

-

Duggie

Reaction score
Can't seem to find a Holley 1920 float bowl baffle. Does anyone have one they could trace for me? I think I could cut one out of an old credit card or suitable scrap plastic if I had the shape.

Try contacting Mike's
by Carb Types Catalog

It will take a lot of experimenting but this looks like the basic shape. #76

Screenshot_20220101-080730.png

Push comes to shove buy a used / rebuilt carb and take the parts you need.

I know 30 to 50.00 for a piece of plastic seems like a lot, but you will probably never need to do this again in the next 50 years. That makes it only 8.3 cents per month

Last edited:
Try contacting Mike's
by Carb Types Catalog

It will take a lot of experimenting but this looks like the basic shape. #76

View attachment 1715845581
Push comes to shove buy a used / rebuilt carb and take the parts you need.

I know 30 to 50.00 for a piece of plastic seems like a lot, but you will probably never need to do this again in the next 50 years. That makes it only 8.3 cents per month

I'll give Mike's a call. Thanks for the tip. I thought about making a baffle up, but if someone could trace one out on a piece of paper, I would be hours and beers ahead of the game. Someone must have one in captivity somewhere out there. Reading the forum archives, I gotta wonder why there are so many missing...

The car was running a little rich at cruise, real doggy at the bottom end, and not much better in the mid-range. (That statement has to be an open door for a handful of /6 jokes!) Someone put a high geared rear end in it so only turns 2000 RPM at 60 MPH.

I get in the most trouble when I think, but I've decided to set the engine to factory specs for a baseline and then apply some of the engine tune recommendations I'm reading in the forum.

The carb had a "2015" remanufacture sticker on it and every carb adjustment I read in the Factory Service Manual was so far off, I thought I must be reading the manual wrong. AND it was over jetted along with the float bowl baffle missing.

Guess I'll layout some timing marks on the crankshaft damper and procrastinate over the funky driver's door catch some more while I'm waiting for Monday's business to start.

Happy New Year!!

-
Back