Anyone ever used a Vehicle Tilter?

-
My thinking is this,if a person has a grand plus of money lying around,I would either bring the car to a shop and fix it,or buy a lift for my garage and install it.Why would you want to tilt a audi on its side any ways?You could buy a portable single post lift for some extra cash?Any comments?Mrmopartech

It says that all the fluids can stay in the car but I would think that there would be some puddles on the ground if you didnt drain the tank cap off the carb or plug the hell outta the valvecovers. Unless you were useing it to scrape off the undercoating on a full rebuild and then I think that it would be WAY cheaper just to make a rotissery out of some steel and 2 engine stands.
I would rather have a small lift. It seems like alot less problems would pop up.

I saw this as well. There is something inside of me that says "any time a car is on it's side, something bad has happened". Also, I wouldn't think that would be good on the suspension.

Dude.......I wouldn't touch that tilt thing with a ten foot pole. It's not suited for restorations because you have to keep the rear end on and K member so that you can have the wheel hubs to bolt this thing on to. It would be next to impossible to cut off the quarter panels, replace trunk floors, and floor pans. For a couple of hundred bucks of steel and a weekend of welding, you can build a proper rotisserie that you can sell after you are done for $500. to a $1,000. bucks. I have designed and built two rotisseries and restored 5 Dart Swinger "A" bodies on this rotisserie and it works great. Have a look at my web site dedicated to Dart Swinger restorations where I have a complete set of FREE PLANS for a rotisserie specially designed for "A" body cars. The web link below goes directly to my rotisserie plans and pics and the other link is to my Dart Swinger restoration page.

http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/Restoration_Tips/1-Rotisserie/Rotisserie.htm

02-Rotisserie.jpg

when you see a car on its side like that one it is usually being stripped of its good parts then taken for scrape. like mrmopartech said you can buy a 2 post lift for just a little more and work safe and clean.

I built a rotessire using Hartman's plans...works great. Cost about $400 for all the materials. That's alot of welding to do in just one weekend though. Took me a couple of weekends.

Dave

Eastwood usually sells good stuff but that one is a little over the top for them.

Hartman good looking plans, you don't like John Deeres do you?

Chuck

I am not seriously thinkin about buying it, I just thought it would be cool if it worked good. As far as a hoist would be about the same money, maybe, but you have to have a garage with tall ceilings that I dont have. And I agree a rotisserie would be way better but if you arent doing a complete resto than why do you need it? Motor and tranny have to be out if the car's on a rotisserie no?

it's usually a good idea if they're out, it would screw up the ballance of the thing if you had them still in. plus i'm not sure how you'd get the body onto the damn rotisserie if you still had them in.

-
Back