Anyone got a 22lr lever action?

-
I have a Browning 22 lever action, very nice gun to shoot. Everything works very smoothly, one of my favorite plinking guns, and pest guns around the barns.

Killing the bats kinda makes me feel like a jack *** but that was before we knew they are good to have around.
No big deal, you most likely never hit many of them.

My grandfather bought a Marlin 22 (I believe it is a model 39A golden trigger) new in the 70s. Last time I saw it, it looked like it was brand new. Looks a lot like this one.
ury-Ltd-22-Rimfire-Lever-Action-Rifle-Limited-1-Year-Production_101115825_70986_D88F6708824093BC.jpg

If you are just wanting a 22 to plink with, seriously look at the Rugar 10-22's they are cheap, and there are tons of aftermarket parts available for them.

Trust me I want a good ole Rugar 10-22. Just looking at pictures of them takes me back.

I just have to make the choice of what I really want.

Trust me I want a good ole Rugar 10-22. Just looking at pictures of them takes me back.

I just have to make the choice of what I really want.
Look around and see what you can find used, that might make your decision easier.

Here in Ca there is about zero used guns for sale. Its so hard to get guns here no one is selling anything but I will keep my eyes open.

I was watching some videos on the tube and saw a Henry 22lr lever action rifle.
Its a good looking rifle at a good price. So I went on the Henry site and was checking them out then I think, yeah thats nice.

So anyone got one or any 22lr lever action that they enjoy? If so I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks!
I have a Henry 22or with large loop wouldn't get rid of it love the rifle

Here in Ca there is about zero used guns for sale. Its so hard to get guns here no one is selling anything but I will keep my eyes open.
That makes it rough, pick up any paper in WV there are lots of guns for sale.
We give our kids guns before their 10th birthday.

I had a Winchester lever action with a hammer back in the 50's. If I remember correctly my father traded a military carbine for it. I loved it as long as I could keep it working. Shop could not get parts and had to make a certain part that kept wearing out. I can't remember what I did with it.

Henry slogan: made in USA or not made at all.

That's how you do it, folks.

10/22 are great but ban states hate em. The Marlin 30 is very similar, tube fed and shoots great if you don't live in a free state.

Here's mine
I can't believe how smooth the finish on the stock is

20201102_213722.jpg

20201102_213851.jpg

20201102_214029.jpg

20201102_214037.jpg

just read this on the Henry "not all Henry lever actions have a 3/8inch dovetail. If you have a Model H001 and the barrel is stamped made in Brooklyn NY with a serial number less than 250,000 please email the good folks at Henry to find out what size dovetail you have. Any rifle stamped made in Br:eek:oklyn NY with a serial number greater than 250,000 you have the standard 3/8inch 60 degree cut. In 2002 Mr. Imperato moved his company to Bayonne, New Jersey to a much larger facility all of these barrels will have the standard 3/8inch cut."

Here you go, 10-22 top, 94-22 on the bottom.

MbQIvw.jpg

I do like a 10-22 but the problem with those scary black fully semiautomatic rifles is they keep failing off my fishing boat. Those suckers are slippery!

Its easier to hold on to a checkerd wood stock than a scary black one.

:)

I do like a 10-22 but the problem with those scary black fully semiautomatic rifles is they keep failing off my fishing boat. Those suckers are slippery!

Its easier to hold on to a checkerd wood stock than a scary black one.

:)
The 10-22 came stock with a wood stock, I changed it out.

You can put all the .22 lever actions side by side and I promise you the Henry has one of the smoothest actions made. I don't own one but wouldn't hesitate if the deal was right.

the ruger 10-22 is pretty much infinitely customizable

the Henry, well, it is such a class act, there is little room for improvement
(but i am thinking of putting HIVIZ sights on mine)

The 10-22 came stock with a wood stock, I changed it out.

Yeah I know, it was a joke about "tactical looking scary black rifles".

I wouldn't mind owning either of those. Both look like great guns!

-
Back