Anyone got Keystone Klassics on their A-Body?

-

sneke_eyez

1974 Dodge Dart 2dr 318V8
Reaction score
Just curious.

I'm exploring wheel options for my Dart and I've always liked the Keystone Klassics, so I started looking around and have found a couple of sets for decent prices on craigslist.
What I'm curious about is whether they will look right on the car, because I've never seen a Dart with them.

Also, does anyone have experience with the "unilug" Cragars/Keystones?
The ones I'm planning on going to look at are the 4.5, 4.75, and 5 unilug wheels.

Thanks in advance!

It's not a great picture, but this is the best I can do. My 68 GTS came with a partial set of small bolt pattern Keystones.

DSCF0620.jpg

The magnums you have are a lot nicer wheel , the rallys done right are also super.

Thanks for your opinion, but I'm really not a big fan of the Magnum 500s or the Rallys.
The Rallys I like perhaps more, but I think both wheels are overplayed, I see too many of them at shows and I just dont like them.

Keystones, on the other hand, I think are pretty cool, but I will admit I am not too sure I'm liking the look on the Dart so far.
I'd love to see some more pictures, if anyone has any.

Not on a Mopar, but had Keystone on a Cutless before... They look great, but beware of the black pain coming off. My only lasted a year before I had to get it repainted.:angry7:

Check out the photos in my profile. I've run Keystones on my Dart Sport 340 since the mid-70s. IMHO, they are the nicest custom wheel ever made -- and a good choice for a black car!

i love that look and really i think that it's kind of rare. atleast i don't see those wheels around much. i'd put those on in a snap if you can find a set. Good luck!!

Thanks for the pics guys!

DartSportDude, those Keystones look awesome on your 73!

Unfortunately, I just finally received a call back from the gentleman selling the wheels and tires, and hes only got a set of 2 good tires, the tires on the other two wheels are junk.
Sad, I was hoping to find a full set of 4 rims and 4 good tires to spend my money on.

i have the spinner caps on mine, i dont think i could have a better look ( see sig )

For some reason I'm not a spinner cap fan, but, those wheels look amazing on your car.

At the show I went to tonight I was ogling wheels left and right.
I've seen so many different wheels I like, alas, just haven't found "THE ONES" yet.

Ha, decided.
Such a good word, I wish it described me...

Well, I like 4 sets of wheels:
Keystones
Torq Thrusts
Police Steelies and Police Caps
Magnum/Charger R/T wheels

Frankly, I want the Magnum/Charger wheels, but haven't found a set yet, and haven't 100% confirmed they will fit my Dart.

I just need to find a set of wheels and good tires for $300.
Thats my basic requirement.
So far, I haven't found a set.
I've got all winter, I'm just impatient I guess.

If you plan to use the "universal" lug pattern, make sure the washers and rim centers aren't screwed up. Most are.

I admit that the Keystone Klassics are really great looking rims. Too bad they are so insanely heavy. A set of these would be able to anchor an aircraft carrier. The Cragar SS is just about as bad.

Personally, I think the post 7 A-bodies look pretty nice on AR Outlaw II's or something similar.

-
Back