anyone have a dash cap on their car?

-
I bought one for my 65 Dart from another seller. May actually be same manufacturer going by pic or same seller with different ad, it's been over a year. I haven't got it installed yet but have painted and done many " make sure it fits ".

No problem with mine. Hope this helps.

I've got one in my Duster. No problems at all and can't tell it's plastic by looking at it. Sprayed it with some good matte clear coat before I put it in.

I had one on my Duster. It looked pretty close to the real thing. I had a dash mat installed on top of it, so you couldn't notice the dual layers on the top while looking through the windshield.

I put one in our first Barracuda way back in late 80s. A friend custom mixed the red dye for it. It was still in the car and looked great when I sold the car about 7 years later.

I have one on mine. It does the job. Make sure you remove the dash pad before installation. Its much easier to do it outside the car.

I have one on mine. It does the job. Make sure you remove the dash pad before installation. Its much easier to do it outside the car.

I can't go along with that. Cut your foot off to paint your toe nails ?
ROFL

I have one and it it looks 1000x better but it just doesn't fit right on the very passenger side edge, nothing major just sticks out a hair but sure it's something I done lol

Have one on My Dart.Been on there so long I never even think about it anymore.It was meant to be a temporary fix to cover all the cracks.I did take my dash pad out to install it though.I waited till a nice Hot day when I could set everything out in the sun for a bit so that everything was all nice and flexible. then glued the cover on and wraped it with tape this way you can wrap the edges around the existing dash pad and the cover edges will not be noticable once installed.

I have one in the aspen and in the swinger both fit and look great, make sure you follow the directions though and don't put glue in the middle and paint it after you install it or else the color just looks funny (even on black)

I can't go along with that. Cut your foot off to paint your toe nails ?
ROFL

I have installed one in a 68 Charger without removing it. I had all different types of weights, wedges, etc... on the dash until it dried and still had one little spot to come loose. However I was able to fix it but didn't like the idea of it coming loose.

The second one which was my 67 Barracuda I removed the dash pad from the dash. I clamped the cover to the pad with those big plastic clamps (I had a bunch of them) and it did a excellent job. I clamped it from the back side in which I couldn't have did this in the car. Left it like that for a day or so then installed the dash. I'm just saying I had much better outcome on the second one. Some of us are limber and flexible so reaching the bolts isn't a problem I guess. It actually wasn't that bad to remove it.

anyone have any pic's of these installed

Here is a few I have already on the computer. I wished I remembered where I got the cap but can't remember. I think I got it from Year One but not exactly sure.

Attachments

• dash 1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 136
  • dash 4.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 153
  • dash 5.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 123
got mine from herbs auto have not installed it yet been laid up with a amputation getting closer to be able to work on it

-
Back