Anyone have a picture of the fuel filler vent line routing in the trunk?

-

MadScientistMat

Reaction score
Looks like I may have connected it a bit wrong after replacing the tank and the FSM is a little unclear. If you have a picture of how they're supposed to be run, let me know.

I can get pictures of my 63 install when I get home from work. I installed mine wrong the first time I reinstalled it.

Looks like I may have connected it a bit wrong after replacing the tank and the FSM is a little unclear. If you have a picture of how they're supposed to be run, let me know.
In your 66 sedan?

67 dart convert.
Red arrow goes through the seal on the trunk floor.

Screenshot_20230519-102828~2.png

1942 Supermarine Spitfires don't have trunks

Neither do Thunderbolts, partly because it's full of turbocharger

^^That is correct information as posted. 1928 Farmalls, even the hemi powered ones, don't have trunks nor vented trunk mount tanks, either^^

1942 Supermarine Spitfires don't have trunks

Neither do Thunderbolts, partly because it's full of turbocharger

My cousin crashed a Spitfire in the Egyptian desert flying low. Probably not that low until just touching down. Low enough, though, that when the engine stalled while he was switching fuel tank feed there wasn't enough altitude to restart the engine.

Correct, this is my 1966 Dart sedan.

I did at one point own a Spitfire, but of the Triumph variety.

^^They are incredibly simple. A fitting welded into the filler tube connects with the vent tube, which goes up high against the rear fender top surface, makes a "U" and feeds down along the filler tube and through a hole in the trunk floor gasket. It terminates, open, inside the frame.

what you are doing, by running it up high, is if it is ever so full, such as full up into the filler neck, and parked "that side down" on a hill, the fuel might actually expand and siphon. but as soon as it removes enough to break air into the filler neck, that breaks the siphon

As promised. I don't have the clip that goes over the pinch weld on the wheel well installed yet in these pictures. At the top there is a clip similar to the ones that hold the fuel line under the car. You can kinda see it in the first picture

20230519_180832_HDR.jpg

20230519_180839_HDR.jpg

20230519_180841_HDR.jpg

I just googled it and looks like the 66 is the same in all the pictures I can find unless it's a convertible

Screenshot_20230519-205557.png

As promised. I don't have the clip that goes over the pinch weld on the wheel well installed yet in these pictures. At the top there is a clip similar to the ones that hold the fuel line under the car. You can kinda see it in the first picture
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

-
Back