Anyone have bolt on frame connectors ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
What did you do about the e-brake cable? It goes right were the frame connector needs to be.

I have them but I welded them. Here's what you do. There is a hole in the cross member that lines up with the hollow part of the frame conector. Drill through it. Then pick a diagonal line that lines up with the back bracket for the E barke cables. Take a cutting wheel and cut a long slot for the cable to run out of. Then shield the cable with something like fual line and grease it up where the cable run's out of the frame connector.. It works perfect! I have pics somewhere.

Brett if you have pics Id love to see them. Im welding mine in also.

I almost wish I just bought some 2X3 square stock and made my own.

Emergency Brakes?

Oh... Street car.

I've got the bolt-in frame connectors that I welded in. I ripped out all the emergency brake cables.

No need for them on a race car. ;-)

Here ya go

20049225059243108044306.jpg

I've got the bolt-in frame connectors that I welded in. I ripped out all the emergency brake cables.

I hope you have a drag chute then. There was a story floating around down here last year about this guy that ran off the end of the drag strip and flipped his car totalling it. The explanation I heard was the brake fluild boiled and the guy couldn't, or most likely didn't know how to, stop. :shock:

Probably not something that would happen to an experianced driver, but having a backup system is comforting just the same.

Hmm a chute would look cool hanging off the back of the Cuda. Then I'll have to get some wheelie bars too.

speaking of subframe connectors....

Who has bought what? Want to put a set on the beast, but not sure what is good or bad.

Cheap Summits? Magnumforce tubulars? Mopar Performance?

What did you guys use?

I don't remember where I got mine??

As far as the E Brake, I wouldn't go down the strip with out it. I have seen guy's turn the quarter mile into the half mile cause they couldn't stop. You never know. Now my car is just a grocery getter not a real race car but my a$$ is kind of important to me.

superdart said:
speaking of subframe connectors....

Who has bought what? Want to put a set on the beast, but not sure what is good or bad.

Cheap Summits? Magnumforce tubulars? Mopar Performance?

What did you guys use?

I bought the bolt-in set from Mancini. But then I welded them in.

-
Back