Anyone have custom dash 66 dart

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I need to do some dash cluster repair and was wondering if theres any options available for my 66 Dart? Has anyone done your own custom dash? What material do you use or do i look for an old cluster and work with that. Looking for ideas and to see what others have done.
Thanks Rod

I have a 65 Dart wagon with a lot of modifications. The 65 Dart dash has no provision for an oil pressure gauge so I wanted to address that. I found a 66 Barracuda complete dash in a junkyard, so knowing that if I swapped the dash frame into my Dart, I could have my oil pressure gauge and a “Performance Gauge” or find a tach. Bonus - it had a complete factory AC in the cluster. From there it morphed into a Dakota Digital digital conversion. I sent the restored cluster to them and got back my converted dash. Gauges now included gas, oil pressure, water temp, voltmeter, speedo snd tach in the same spaces as on the original cluster This conversion also allows a user to add up to 16 different functions with add-on modules. I am still sorting out my custom wiring and need to install the wiring to the main Dakota Digital module

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

64504408962__249C0246-2C08-424A-B695-9E080E70BF4E.jpeg

Nope not cheap and I see the price has gone up (like everything else!).

I need to do some dash cluster repair and was wondering if theres any options available for my 66 Dart? Has anyone done your own custom dash? What material do you use or do i look for an old cluster and work with that. Looking for ideas and to see what others have done.
Thanks Rod

Since they are flat, it is easy to make a custom dash. 1/8 inch aluminum plate, or 1/4 inch birch or oak plywood and couple hole saws and some new or used gages. Here is a custom dash from my 64 Barracuda.

64 Barracuda Custom Dash.JPG

I need to do some dash cluster repair and was wondering if theres any options available for my 66 Dart?
I think you have the long rectangular dash, dimensions unknown. I doubt it would be a direct fit but Dakota Digital has the B Body long rectangular dash for the 68-70 B Body as well as universal long rectangular clusters with varied heights and lengths.

Like 66fs noted, the flat surface on these cars' dash boards make it really easy to make any dash configuration you want. Mine's more of a race car, but I just used 1/8" aluminum and put the gauges and indicator lights where I wanted them.

1721063333561.png

-
Back