Anyone have interference with TTI 1 5/8 Step Headers & Borgeson Power Steering

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had interference with TTI 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" step headers hitting the Borgeson power steering box. I was speaking to TTI the other day and they said while the Borgeson box is smaller, the design of the top of the box is different and can interfere with the front tubes coming off the head. They mentioned having to dimple the tube and/or shimming the biscuit mounts up a little.

These are going in a 69 Barracuda with the biscuit mounts and the car is apart at the moment. I wanted to check experiences with the Borgeson power steering box before I send the headers out for coating or I defer the coating until I get further on with the reassembly.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone had interference with TTI 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" step headers hitting the Borgeson power steering box. I was speaking to TTI the other day and they said while the Borgeson box is smaller, the design of the top of the box is different and can interfere with the front tubes coming off the head. They mentioned having to dimple the tube and/or shimming the biscuit mounts up a little.

These are going in a 69 Barracuda with the biscuit mounts and the car is apart at the moment. I wanted to check experiences with the Borgeson power steering box before I send the headers out for coating or I defer the coating until I get further on with the reassembly.

Thanks
Others have said they needed to ding the tube to clear things. I would wait until you can assemble things then see what you need to ding before applying any coating.

On my son's 70 swinger with 360la and borgeson power steering box , we had to dimple the #1 tube. Very minor dimple. I've read on here that some have shimmed the mounts but I don't remember their applications.

Thank you for the responses. I will mock up the headers and make any tweaks before sending them to get coated.

Please do share any pics and mods of these headers. I'm planning a 360 mag in my '67 dart using TTi headers and I have a Borgeson box. Yes, I assumed since it was a much smaller box than the OEM box, this would not be an issue. Good thing we have this forum!

Anyone have issues with the TTi shorty headers and the Borgeson box?

-
Back