anyone have one like mine ???

-

realDL1965

Reaction score
I've got a stock, 1967 barracuda fastback, Formula "S", 4-speed, 273 4bbl, bright red, triple black racing stripes, bucket seats, black interior. I'm trying to find anyone else who has this exact car, or can tell me just how many of these were made in this configuration ? Other than getting the 383 engine, in 67, it seems like it would have been the one that stood out on a dealers lot. Maybe would have had parents cringing, seeing it pull up to pick up their teenage daughter, LOL !!!?? I've been searching for a long time, and still have not seen another one. A couple have repainted theirs to look like it, but stripes are incorrect at best. Now I have many more classic cars, and trucks, but I believe there are few of these possibly left in existence today, am I wrong ??! Maybe it's not a hemi, but rare, just the same !

Although I am not a fan of the white books, you can get some production numbers based on bodystyle, motor & trans. Any additional breakdown numbers will cost you.

Although I am not a fan of the white books, you can get some production numbers based on bodystyle, motor & trans. Any additional breakdown numbers will cost you.
Thanks, I'm trying to narrow down, even to the paint and stripes, which I get the feeling might be impossible for 67 ?

E="GTXperience, post: 1971487250, member: 4912"]Although I am not a fan of the white books, you can get some production numbers based on bodystyle, motor & trans. Any additional breakdown numbers will cost you.[/QUOTE]
What's white book ?? Hate to sound a little ignorant but if the shoe fits I guess, lol ?!

Your car might have never sat out on a dealers lot. Back in that era so many cars were ordered with options chosen with a check mark drawn in the little box. Yep, mail order autos. The buyer would make a *** mile road trip to the nearest dealership to take delivery on the car they had ordered.
To top that... I still remember the day ( and that "wonder bar" radio ) when a dealership brought our neighbors new Buick to him.
Is there another identical to yours in every way? Maybe not.

E="GTXperience, post: 1971487250, member: 4912"]Although I am not a fan of the white books, you can get some production numbers based on bodystyle, motor & trans. Any additional breakdown numbers will cost you.
What's white book ?? Hate to sound a little ignorant but if the shoe fits I guess, lol ?![/QUOTE]

The only ''white books'' i know of are from Galen Govier which is also known as Galen's Tag Service or GTS.
He sells these ''white books'' that are a small pocket reference for most options and production records for mopars 1966 to 1980.
He is known as one of the foremost authorities for production numbers and verifying authenticity of all mopars especially rare ones.
A lot of people don't like him, stating that he is arrogant, and sometimes not 100% accurate or inconclusive.
I have a set of these ''white books'', and they have helped me a lot over the years.
For example, his book says that the production figure for your '67 Barracuda Formula S 273 4bbl is 5,352 which covers both 4 speeds and automatics.
There is no breakdown of how many were built with an auto or 4 speed, but the 383 Formula S cars do have a breakdown of 1,036 4 speeds and 748 for automatics.
There is no other info on colors or options for any of these cars, or even if it's a coupe, fastback, or convertible for the numbers above.
This is the U.S. production only i may add, not Canadian or export ordered cars.
I hope this helps........
Tom

What's white book ?? Hate to sound a little ignorant but if the shoe fits I guess, lol ?!

The only ''white books'' i know of are from Galen Govier which is also known as Galen's Tag Service or GTS.
He sells these ''white books'' that are a small pocket reference for most options and production records for mopars 1966 to 1980.
He is known as one of the foremost authorities for production numbers and verifying authenticity of all mopars especially rare ones.
A lot of people don't like him, stating that he is arrogant, and sometimes not 100% accurate or inconclusive.
I have a set of these ''white books'', and they have helped me a lot over the years.
For example, his book says that the production figure for your '67 Barracuda Formula S 273 4bbl is 5,352 which covers both 4 speeds and automatics.
There is no breakdown of how many were built with an auto or 4 speed, but the 383 Formula S cars do have a breakdown of 1,036 4 speeds and 748 for automatics.
There is no other info on colors or options for any of these cars, or even if it's a coupe, fastback, or convertible for the numbers above.
This is the U.S. production only i may add, not Canadian or export ordered cars.
Tom[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with all my research, I've been able to narrow the body style, and drive train down to around a thousand, but the paint, trim, and interior is the stickler ?! The pics are before I started cleaning it up, actually, before I even picked up to bring home. Can be seen in car of the month site back then, months ago, and more I wrote about it. I'm thinking, maybe 1-3 hundred maybe ? But still in existence, that's the question ?? No, I don't have the original motor, tranny, or center console, but everything else is there, even the a.m. radio. So I'm still up in the air about what to do about which powere plant to choose. Since in 1967 the numbers on the engine aren't marked like later years, so could get another 273 4bbl motor, but there are so many better choices for a quick street machine, which is what I want. A 70's muscle car, using the 67 cuda, without changing the main car too much, other than power upgrades, mages, stance, and maybe side pipes.

Last edited:
Tom

Yeah, with all my research, I've been able to narrow the body style, and drive train down to around a thousand, but the paint, trim, and interior is the stickler ?! The pics are before I started cleaning it up, actually, before I even picked up to bring home. Can be seen in car of the month site back then, months ago, and more I wrote about it. I'm thinking, maybe 1-3 hundred maybe ? But still in existence, that's the question ?? No, I don't have the original motor, tranny, or center console, but everything else is there, even the a.m. radio. So I'm still up in the air about what to do about which powere plant to choose. Since in 1967 the numbers on the engine aren't marked like later years, so could get another 273 4bbl motor, but there are so many better choices for a quick street machine, which is what I want. A 70's muscle car, using the 67 cuda, without changing the main car too much, other than power upgrades, mages, stance, and maybe side pipes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a pretty rare car, with the options it has and colors it was born with.
You could restore it with a date coded block etc. and have a very nice car.
But is it what you want?
Do you want a restored car to pamper and polish, or do you want a street machine that you can have fun with?
Personally, i feel it's your car and do with it what you want.
Keep in mind that a lot of people modified these cars without a single thought back in the day, now everyone is so worried about value and if it's a ''numbers matching survivor''.
FWIW, i would build the car you want from it and never look back.
You only live once, and it is just a car for god's sake............

Yeah, with all my research, I've been able to narrow the body style, and drive train down to around a thousand, but the paint, trim, and interior is the stickler ?! The pics are before I started cleaning it up, actually, before I even picked up to bring home. Can be seen in car of the month site back then, months ago, and more I wrote about it. I'm thinking, maybe 1-3 hundred maybe ? But still in existence, that's the question ?? No, I don't have the original motor, tranny, or center console, but everything else is there, even the a.m. radio. So I'm still up in the air about what to do about which powere plant to choose. Since in 1967 the numbers on the engine aren't marked like later years, so could get another 273 4bbl motor, but there are so many better choices for a quick street machine, which is what I want. A 70's muscle car, using the 67 cuda, without changing the main car too much, other than power upgrades, mages, stance, and maybe side pipes.

Yes, it is a pretty rare car, with the options it has and colors it was born with.
You could restore it with a date coded block etc. and have a very nice car.
But is it what you want?
Do you want a restored car to pamper and polish, or do you want a street machine that you can have fun with?
Personally, i feel it's your car and do with it what you want.
Keep in mind that a lot of people modified these cars without a single thought back in the day, now everyone is so worried about value and if it's a ''numbers matching survivor''.
FWIW, i would build the car you want from it and never look back.
You only live once, and it is just a car for god's sake............[/QUOTE]

I agree ! I am over 50 now, and grew up buying, and modifying them to be like my muscle car toys, and models I used to use all the spare frame pieces, and mix-matching bigger, and smaller scale models, building one of a kind model cars. Yes, I bought all those crazy "Cartoons" magazines, with the monsters sticking out of the top of the car, shifting as they smoked the tires, lol !!! They really got me into art to begin with. I always loved that big wide mag, and jacked up in the back look, no mater how bad they perform in the twisties ! I don't want to modify the hood, because of the grilled inserts, which I probably would on a plain hooded car, but I am thinking big throaty side pipes, quick, high reving motor, and maybe a custom louver for the back window, like I've had on other cars in the past. This car I won't sell this time !! Keep it as original as possible, just add to it, like we used to. I'm not trying to outdo anyone, just be satisfied, and have an awesome car to leave to the kid who's into cars the most, and will cherish it as much as I did, ya' know what I mean, heirloom car !

-
Back