Anyone have pics of FF1 paint on a car?

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 68 Cuda was originally FF1 "Light Metallic Green" but was painted blue before I bought it....
I was wondering what the FF1 actually looked like....

Thanks

Jeff

The valiant is FF1 the barracuda is F8. I have more pictures of the valiant at home.

IMG_0112.JPG

That is a tough decision. I decided to change the color of my barracuda from the original gold on gold to an ivory on gold with gold stripes. Have the paint sitting here and am having second thoughts. Both colors look really nice on yours.

I think this Barracuda was FF1. It was an extremely well done resto. Everyone thought it looked great.

P4130035.JPG

MrJLR, I personally like your blue better..... that's a nice color, your car looks very nice. But that's just my opinion.. :)

MrJLR, I personally like your blue better..... that's a nice color, your car looks very nice. But that's just my opinion.. :)

Thank you!
I do like my car and color right now.....but was just curious what it would have looked like when new....thought "maybe" someday repaint it...

BTW - front suspension is done and I'm reassembling the heads now....gonna get it back together soon!

Jeff

You can't compare paint codes from year to year -- they would change the color and reuse the code. For 1968 it was Frost Green metallic. In 1970 it looks like Avocado Green.

You can't compare paint codes from year to year -- they would change the color and reuse the code. For 1968 it was Frost Green metallic. In 1970 it looks like Avocado Green.

Hmmm....that's interesting.....

The pics sure look different. ...hmmm....

That picture with the Valiant has obviously been modified in Photoshop... look at the background. The one I submitted is probably a little dull -- it was a cloudy morning.

pic does it no justice .....had just came out of paint about a week before and was baking in the sun. The camera was crappy because this was 10+ years ago.

but it had a lighter shade look, wasn't much for reflections even after buffing which is typical how light colors don't really mirror as good as darker colors.

It was an original FF1 car. At first I didn't like it, but after it was re-painted and looked better than it had been before, I really got used to it.

IMAG0174.JPG

pic does it no justice .....had just came out of paint about a week before and was baking in the sun. The camera was crappy because this was 10+ years ago.

but it had a lighter shade look, wasn't much for reflections even after buffing which is typical how light colors don't really mirror as good as darker colors.

It was an original FF1 car. At first I didn't like it, but after it was re-painted and looked better than it had been before, I really got used to it.

View attachment 1714937304
That's BEAUTIFUL!

That's BEAUTIFUL!
thanks, it WAS beautiful.

This car is now in Mopar Heaven otherwise I would show how the paint held up for the last 10 years but the Mopar spirits are cruising her around now. (not caused by me). Her memory will live on in other FF1 cars. :thumbsup:

thanks, it WAS beautiful.

This car is now in Mopar Heaven otherwise I would show how the paint held up for the last 10 years but the Mopar spirits are cruising her around now. (not caused by me). Her memory will live on in other FF1 cars. :thumbsup:
Oh damn....was a beautiful 68......what a shame.

Jeff

-
Back