Anyone heard of Regitar USA

-

93ragtop

Reaction score
I ordered a dist. pickup for my 87 dakota from rockauto.
Supposed to be a Standard Motor Products. LX127P
Well it came in a box printed regitar usa automotive electronics. With a Standard Motor Products label put over the regitar number.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of this company?
Thanks

I’ve owned a few parts stores in my life. Reboxing of auto parts has been a accepted way for many years. If a Standard Ignition rep walks into my store and makes me a sweet deal to change my ignition line from let’s say Wells or Eclin, they come in and Rebox what I have. With a few exceptions. However the new ignition line, in this case Standard excepts the warranty of these items as if it were theirs.

I’ve owned a few parts stores in my life. Reboxing of auto parts has been a accepted way for many years. If a Standard Ignition rep walks into my store and makes me a sweet deal to change my ignition line from let’s say Wells or Eclin, they come in and Rebox what I have. With a few exceptions. However the new ignition line, in this case Standard excepts the warranty of these items as if it were theirs.

First off, want to thank you for your input! 40 years ago, I worked in a Napa, and we would switch over Jobber accounts, mainly belts and hoses......
Let me back up and say, I replaced this 3 years ago with one from Advance Auto. Brand was BWD? Had a lifetime warranty. Well about 6 months ago, it failed. Traded it out, and now it has lasted about 500-1000 miles and it failed.
I thought by ordering standard, it would be a better product... Was disappointed when it is in reality a different brand.
In all honestly, with mail order, on a small part, the warranty means nothing to me. To remove, pay return, and wait just isnt worth it.....

I did go ahead and install and seems fine, so we will see....
Makes me get off my lazy butt and get back on getting my replacement motor together!! (5.9 magnum)

Back in the late 70’s-80’s I knew the Standard ignition rep real well. He had great integrity and would not relabel or re box a substandard part. He leave it alone and order the same Standard part. But now days? It’s a roll the dice and a percentage of defects game.

-
Back