Anyone here know this 56 Coronet Lancer?

-
I’m really surprised someone out there doesn’t know the car. If it’s really been around since the late 90’s, early 2000’s, I would have thought someone in the Mopar community would know where it came from. I’ve posted on the B body and C body forums as well. Seems to be a great conversation starter but no history… Although, what more could you ask of an old car?!

Have you tried The Forward Look network? Not a member but some interesting info there

My tan and white truck was a D200 also. Factory 383/727/4.10 Sure Grip truck with PS, PB, AC. It came from CA and had zero rust. Biggest problem I had with it was, I couldn't find any parts to fix the slack in the PS. It had that old push me - pull me PS that looked like a shock absorber with about 10 hoses hooked to it.

I still have my Altec hat that they gave us when we got all of our new buckets in 1998. It was a AA600 with the top mounted jib winch. I loved that truck! Hang in there and enjoy your work. You won't ever stop being a lineman, even when you stop being a lineman! I was a lineman 28 years, then took a line inspector job until I retired on April Fools Day. My job with that was looking after our contractors. If you retire from where you are now at 51, there's lot's of places just begging for retired linemen to do oversight work....and it pays really good. Take care, and stay safe.

:thumbsup:
That would have been a great truck to still have around! I don’t personally have any experience with the old PS systems but I’ve read enough that I don’t really care to gain that experience…

Thanks for the advise. I do love the work I do but at 40yrs old, I can already tell I need something to ease into. I am thankful for the health and opportunity to do what I do to provide for my family and fund our hobbies but there will have to be something else or I’m afraid I’ll not enjoy much life past retirement..

Have you tried The Forward Look network? Not a member but some interesting info there
I found their Facebook page and hijacked my wife’s account to post. Very nice group with lots of compliments but no one seems know the car at all. There was one person that says they are pretty sure they saw the car once in New Orleans and once in Texas years ago..

I was able to run to the shop for a minute tonight. I found this label on the driveshaft. I looked up the area and found a Mopar shop but he said he didn’t even know anyone in the are that worked on cars that old… Anyone know of any hotrod type shops that would have been in business 25ish years ago in the Slidell, LA area??

IMG_0594.jpeg

very cool car, any chance you could spill the beans on the specs and post up more pics of nuts and bolts of it? i absolutely love these and thinking one is on my short list for a build so i'm always looking for inspiration

very cool car, any chance you could spill the beans on the specs and post up more pics of nuts and bolts of it? i absolutely love these and thinking one is on my short list for a build so i'm always looking for inspiration
Absolutely! There’s actually one listed just above that looks like a solid starting point. I just got the numbers off the drivetrain tonight. It’s a 360 from 94, a 904 from 78, and a 741 case 8 3/4 from 64-72. I believe I have all that correct… It has the original suspension under the front with double adjustable QA1 coilovers taking the place of the springs and a triangulated 4 bar with single adjustable QA1 coilovers in the rear. There are single piston calipers up front and drums in the rear for brakes. I’m not sure on the disc brake setup just yet but my dad and I both think they are a GM caliper… Wheels are 17x7 with 235/55/17 in the rear and 215/55/17 in the front.

IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0608.jpeg

IMG_0609.jpeg

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

We’ve already started removing pieces to gain access to the bolts holing all the panels on the car. Everything is so misaligned… Hopefully we can make it better..

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

After some measuring, we think we can easily fit an 8” wide wheel with the correct offset in the rear so we will likely go that route at some point. Or maybe not… who knows…

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0628.jpeg

-
Back