Anyone here live in the Eastern outskirts of Austin?

-
The property you have now is worth tenfold compared to any city living. Enjoy the peace

If you commit a crime in Houston, you go thru the Houston court system. Liberal judges tend to offer low bails. Houston is hugely Liberal. Rural Tx. is hugely conservative and so is their court system. Houston's criminal courts are overwhelmed, and were before Covid but the Liberal county judge system there that was responsible for shutting down courts, restaurants bars and gyms added to the back log and now it is huge.

Fact is both Houston an Austin are very Liberal in all aspects, but for my nickle, I would not trade 10 Houstons for 1 Austin.

end of story.
and again liberal translates into high crime areas......Which we all know by studying the crime rate of Texas is BS
Its more of the same from the far right fake agenda
All of Texas especially rural parts have a huge problem with meth addiction and opioids.
The drop out rate of high school students is higher with Texas ranking 7th with over 50 thousand not completing 4 years
So when we want to make a case of the evils of so called liberal cities lets just include all the real factual information
Texas is a great state no doubt and my intention is not to shed doubt on that but rather to dispute a notion that if I live in a small town im generally any more safer or my children are shielding from violence or addiction than any other part of the state
Its plain common sense that higher populated areas will have more crime because they have more population and of course some parts of any city have higher crime areas
I do not understand what a "liberal county judge system is". Or how judges were solely responsible for shutting down a court system. I believe it went a little higher then a liberal county judge system that decided to shut down a court system during a pandemic.
Yes its the end of story

Texas is a great state no doubt and my intention is not to shed doubt on that but rather to dispute a notion that if I live in a small town im generally any more safer or my children are shielding from violence or addiction than any other part of the state
Its plain common sense that higher populated areas will have more crime because they have more population and of course some parts of any city have higher crime areas
You just disputed your own notion

The last thing you can do is change a native Texan's opinion that there is any better place to live than Texas ..

You just disputed your own notion
Reading comprehension. Read the posts from the start. I will not take the time to explain what you cant read or wont
The statement that started this and I quote Austin is a liberal **** hole. Austin may vote more democratic but its nothing close to a **** hole and even one Texan here agreed with that
Things like poverty, homelessness , addiction among others all breed crime and lawlessness.
It really gets me how a certain element in this country says they want to protect children but yet wont protect them when they go to school and through all of that even as seen in this thread make a case about mental illness and how they should should do this that and the other thing, but yet never identifies exactly who "they " is
Because "they" in so many cases is not the so called liberals that would likely to be blamed for every misdeed, every evil, every crime in our country

Its just my point of view, but Liberal and chithole go together quite well. As in Liberal politicians do not help its situation in general. I will never change Steve's opinion about much and so be it.
Any city that its polulation sits in traffic hours on end in my book is a "chithole". I care less if anyone agrees.

Steve spends his time researching rebuttal material. Steve quotes that Tx. ranks 7th in high school drop out rate and with 70,000 not completing 4 years. Probably true. Why??????/ Does ole Steve ever wonder how many illegal kids come across that don't even speak the English language????? hum. Does he ever question any of his thoughts?

One tidbit of info for Steve. When a Tx. school district kids do not pass the minimum requirements in education, the STATE of TEXAS takes over that district, sends in THEIR principal, fires the existing school board, and a new one is elected with certain requirements as to education, business and social skills and experience. That still might not mean that particular school district becomes successful in education but all will be done to make it so that is reasonable an logical. Houston has that situation in their largest district right now. It happens all over the state when so many kids are illegals and don't speak the language. I wonder how well I would do IF I started school in Mexico tomorrow and the only Spanish I know are the "bad" words of no use in school????????

Arguing or discussing with the average farleft Liberal is lke standing out in the pasture talking to a fence post except the post can't call "stupid."

Its just my point of view, but Liberal and chithole go together quite well. As in Liberal politicians do not help its situation in general. I will never change Steve's opinion about much and so be it.
Any city that its polulation sits in traffic hours on end in my book is a "chithole". I care less if anyone agrees.

Steve spends his time researching rebuttal material. Steve quotes that Tx. ranks 7th in high school drop out rate and with 70,000 not completing 4 years. Probably true. Why??????/ Does ole Steve ever wonder how many illegal kids come across that don't even speak the English language????? hum. Does he ever question any of his thoughts?

One tidbit of info for Steve. When a Tx. school district kids do not pass the minimum requirements in education, the STATE of TEXAS takes over that district, sends in THEIR principal, fires the existing school board, and a new one is elected with certain requirements as to education, business and social skills and experience. That still might not mean that particular school district becomes successful in education but all will be done to make it so that is reasonable an logical. Houston has that situation in their largest district right now. It happens all over the state when so many kids are illegals and don't speak the language. I wonder how well I would do IF I started school in Mexico tomorrow and the only Spanish I know are the "bad" words of no use in school????????

Arguing or discussing with the average farleft Liberal is lke standing out in the pasture talking to a fence post except the post can't call "stupid."
What I quote is pretty much knowledge coming from reading and that wouldn't be through rose coloured glasses LOL.
Of course if you live in a very small town, maybe a farming community, less population, crime hopefully is lower as compared to some metropolis.
I tried not to throw out labels as labels indicate often a one way of thinking thats often some what biased but the facts are what they are and facts can be a inconvenient truth for some
I went to great lengths not to insult anyone. Im not a far left liberal by any means, im also not money hungry because I live in a city area and work two jobs all of what you implied
Do I call anyone lazy because they work 40 hours a week and take weekends off?

Amazes me how "some" get a pass when they inject politics and their political beliefs into a conversation and turn it into a fuckin shitshow.
Close the thread, OP turned down the job.
What I quote is pretty much knowledge coming from reading and that wouldn't be through rose coloured glasses LOL.
Of course if you live in a very small town, maybe a farming community, less population, crime hopefully is lower as compared to some metropolis.
I tried not to throw out labels as labels indicate often a one way of thinking thats often some what biased but the facts are what they are and facts can be a inconvenient truth for some
I went to great lengths not to insult anyone. Im not a far left liberal by any means, im also not money hungry because I live in a city area and work two jobs all of what you implied

Thanks. You have set me straight!

Do like I do and don’t watch the news as far as I’m concerned I live in the safest city because I don’t watch the news. Ignorance is Bliss. I never hear of any crimes here.

Maybe some context of my situation now would help. This is my house at the top of the hill here
View attachment 1716068415

This is my backyard
View attachment 1716068416

And the pole barn where I get to spend some quality time working on the old car. Concrete floor, insulated, wired, lights, and it has a heated/air conditioned workshop inside.
View attachment 1716068417

I've got 12 acres here now. This is my backfield where I get to cut up the trees that come down for firewood. I didn't even have a chainsaw before I bought this place almost 10 years ago, but I found there's something strangely enjoyable about cutting up firewood.
View attachment 1716068423

And for comparison, my property taxes here are $2900 a year. And I have less than 2 years left on the mortgage.

I could realistically expect to get about mid 3's for this place, which won't buy me anything even close down there. The more I think about this, the more it doesn't make too much sense. The job sounds like a dream job, but I don't know if the rest of the deal is worth it.
You have a beautiful place there. Central Texas/Hill Country has been ruined by the influx of companies given massive incentives, not just the tax breaks. Density developments (those sub-divisions) are more than a PITA with the HOAs, there are generally additional taxes built in for what is called a Municipal Utility District (MUD) which generally handle the water/sewage side of things and are often environmental nightmares. I love Texas. I don't want to live anywhere else. Seeing what you've got, if I didn't have to move, I would stay put. That kind of set up here would run you in the millions, unless you were in one of the more remote parts of the state.

Amazes me how "some" get a pass when they inject politics and their political beliefs into a conversation and turn it into a fuckin shitshow.
Close the thread, OP turned down the job.
It amazes me also
''Austin is a liberal **** hole". Could have said Austin is to progressive, over populated, to high a cost of living

It amazes me also
''Austin is a liberal **** hole". Could have said Austin is to progressive, over populated, to high a cost of living
^^^^^^^^You just won't leave it alone. Yea I could have descibed it as such, perhaps poor choice of words on my part. I should have called Houston in general, a chit hole and Austin a high end extreme Liberal overpriced large city that for my money is a chithole. But since I am not buying there, it makes no difference. Go away.

I agree as well, another chest pounder lol. ALL politicians are liars, pos.
Believe me the ignore button works, you can selectively see what assclowns are "contributing " if you like, or dont.
Best button on this forum.
It amazes me also

^^^^^^^^You just won't leave it alone. Yea I could have descibed it as such, perhaps poor choice of words on my part. I should have called Houston in general, a chit hole and Austin a high end extreme Liberal overpriced large city that for my money is a chithole. But since I am not buying there, it makes no difference. Go away.
I won't leave it alone? Guys like you enjoy printing their ignorant opinions, posting politics, and get butt hurt when they get called out.
Have a good week

-
Back