Anyone in CO want to look at a car for me?

-

Boduke

Reaction score
Looking at ebay purchase in Longmont CO. drop top 71 challenger for 48k Anyone local can look at a car or recommend a service, or maybe even seen the car local? Im in Boston mass and its a lot of wood to go sight unseen. Not looking for show quality. But dont want a major headache. Its on Ebay right now. Im mostly afraid that suede paint hides a LOT!!. Will be a driver so proper chassis is everything to me.i understand that any 71 dodge has likely been hit/had bodywork/replacement panels/filler and various repairs. Imo the gaps look tight and the floor-work shown looks high quality. Thoughts?

CED4F0AB-A0BA-4A90-9944-2B558BAA0984.jpeg

I live just north of Longmont and might be able to take a look. PM me if you want to chat about it some more.

If your price range is what the asking price of the black one is, I think you can get way more car than a 318 2 barrel for that price. BUT it is a convertible... It's worth a look.

I would drive the rails off of it and the more company the better!

View attachment 1715702420
I'm all about DRIVING our cars to the fullest. Not letting them sit and only be admired in a collection. Realistically I would never consider a car like that even IF I had the $$. IMHO it's not a driver, strictly show. I'll be happy driving my 20 footer, but loading it up with passengers MIGHT be a bit of a problem......... NOT my doing. Don't know if it's feasible converting it back, especially here in AK. Parts are not as plentiful or available as the Lesser 48.

Rear Seat Delete.jpg

I would drive the rails off of it and the more company the better!
A-men to that. Think deep down and draw from the way back. About the best time of your life in a car. You cant put a price tag on a memory. When im afraid to drive my car because its too nice, I get a shittier car. Or make more money. Personally, i always go shitter car because im proletariat class. Lol

Wow! I haven't checked prices on Challenger convertibles in a long time. I bought mine in 89, and finished it in 92. I've turned down stupid money for it, and like the car the OP is looking at above.....mine's a JH27G1B. I had no idea $48K was entry level today! :eek: @Boduke , if someone goes to look at it for you....ask them to check the front of the lower quarters between the tire and the door. The drain channel for the conv top dumps down into that area of the quarter, and is supposed to drain on out thru the pinch weld drains. If those drains get stopped up with leaves, water will just sit there, and it makes them prone to rust sometimes. That car has already had the floors and trunk replaced, so that may be a sign that it spent some time as a rain barrel if the top was bad, and it sat out in the weather. I looked for a Challenger conv for 6 years. The cars that I could afford were rusty and/or crashed junk, and the decent builders were way out of my price range. I was looking strictly at 70's, and for some reason didn't particularly care for 71's. I had about given up looking, and had been to 7 different states and came home empty handed. One day at work, I was checking power lines for rotten poles, and saw the *** end of a 71 Challenger inside an old tobacco barn, and it was covered with an Army tent also. I had a look, and when I pulled the tent up to peek under it, there was what was left of a black conv top hanging in rags on the top bows! Turned out to be a 1 owner car that the lady had bought new her senior year in high school. It took me 2 years to get it bought, but I finally got it! Good luck with your search, and I hope this one works out for you.

:thumbsup:

if someone goes to look at it for you....ask them to check the front of the lower quarters between the tire and the door. The drain channel for the conv top dumps down into that area of the quarter, and is supposed to drain on out thru the pinch weld drains. If those drains get stopped up with leaves, water will just sit there, and it makes them prone to rust sometimes. That car has already had the floors and trunk replaced, so that may be a sign that it spent some time as a rain barrel if the top was bad, and it sat out in the weather.

thats good info. Thanks you

Auction ended and i missed out. Thanks for all the help

-
Back