anyone keep bunnies?

-
The wife has two. A flemish giant doe named Remi and a lop ear buck mix named Bodie. Got the Flemmie from a local breeder and the wife saw the lop on a humane society page and HAD to get it. They're both fixed and potty trained. Took about a day each to litter box train.

They're both free range and have the temperament of cats. They cuddle and keep to them selves mostly. Only a little bit of chewing before they were fixed. They eat hay, feed and vegetables. They love to go outside and play in the snow. I had my doubts when she wanted to get a rabbit, but honestly, they're better behaved than our dogs. They are the dog's best buds.

View attachment 1715284666 View attachment 1715284667 View attachment 1715284668 View attachment 1715284669 View attachment 1715284670 View attachment 1715284671 View attachment 1715284672
those are some good sized rabbits

how did she potty train them?

those are some good sized rabbits

how did she potty train them?
Put a litter box down stairs and one upstairs. Took a few of the "coco puffs" and put them in the litter box. The rabbits sniffed around and saw them and just started going in there. Pretty smart on them, actually.

My buddy has a house rabbit.
It is very well behaved.
He enjoys having it as a pet.

Get them in a warm place when it gets really cold out, for sure. A friend of mine woke up to bunnycicles once. Just once. But it's been plenty cold in MI since you started this thread. I hope you still have them.

Had a couple as a kid. Decent pets other than I was allergic to them. Cleaning the coops was a mess. I prefer the chickens I have now

Snow bunnies, we get here in Hawaii every year. Dust bunnies also. No need keep em, get em all over. Hee hee, Sorry. Super Bowl such a joke. Gotta have some humor .

Get them in a warm place when it gets really cold out, for sure. A friend of mine woke up to bunnycicles once. Just once. But it's been plenty cold in MI since you started this thread. I hope you still have them.
Yes sir, I do
They have plenty of bedding and the door to outside gets closed at night to prevent the cold draft
when the temps dropped below freezing i turned on a heat lamp, more so to keep the water liquid then anything else, but even with the heat lamp i had to swap out ice for water a few times

they seem to do real well tough, its funny, you can tell when it gets warm enough for them to come back out, they seem to enjoy that a lot

-
Back